Coming up short (1 Viewer)

CountWhoDat

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I must give the defense credit today: in a game where key players went down one after the other - some returned, others didn't - they forced three turnovers and did not allow an offensive touchdown. All things considered, that's an incredible performance.

Two weeks in a row, Ken Crawley, a UDFA who was considered a project to put it lightly, was forced to cover two very competent No. 2 NFL receivers in his first game. Although he did a decent job in coverage, both plays more or less resulted in a Saints loss.

Injuries contributed, don't get me wrong. But when the FO and coaching staff have someone in Crawley's position that close to crucial snaps in the first place, it really shows the effect that dead money and personnel screw-ups have had on this team.

There's nothing we can do at this point. This is another middling team that will win some games, but teams do not have to be creative to attack favorable matchups against us. Drew literally has to be perfect every week in order to overcome this, and that's just not gonna happen.

I must give the defense credit today: in a game where key players went down one after the other - some returned, others didn't - they forced three turnovers and did not allow an offensive touchdown. All things considered, that's an incredible performance.

Two weeks in a row, Ken Crawley, a UDFA who was considered a project to put it lightly, was forced to cover two very competent No. 2 NFL receivers in his first game. Although he did a decent job in coverage, both plays more or less resulted in a Saints loss.

Injuries contributed, don't get me wrong. But when the FO and coaching staff have someone in Crawley's position that close to crucial snaps in the first place, it really shows the effect that dead money and personnel screw-ups have had on this team.

There's nothing we can do at this point. This is another middling team that will win some games, but teams do not have to be creative to attack favorable matchups against us. Drew literally has to be perfect every week in order to overcome this, and that's just not gonna happen.
It's a sad reality that some people on here just don't seem too get. The era of Brees and Payton is over. Like you say, Brees has to be perfect every week in order for us to compete. Whilst Payton is HC continue to expect an inept Defense and questionable personnel decisions. He's living off of his Super Bowl title, any other Franchise would of find him by now.

We will be lucky to win 4-5 games this year. Everyone thinking were going to spank the Falcons? Please, Atlanta are probably better than us.

Whilst Payton is HC continue to expect an inept Defense and questionable personnel decisions. He's living off of his Super Bowl title, any other Franchise would of find him by now.

I don't know about this. The only thing I can tell that Payton has lost is his game management skill, and I suppose even that's arguable. This team has the same issues the 2007 - 08, 2012, 2014 - 15 had. Its a repeating pattern.

Basically: if we have two good, healthy cornerbacks, we will win 10 games. If we don't, make it 7 or 8. The consistency is kind of amazing when you think about it.

I just want to compliment you typing "a UDFA" and not "an UDFA". Thanks for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom