Commentaries on power rankings about the D. (1 Viewer)

It's like none of these writers actually watched the games.
let's see 16 games at roughly 3hrs each= 54 hrs before you sit down at your laptop..how many hrs do you work a week?
Of course they don't watch every game, I'm not sure why that is suprising to some. There are stat sheets for that. 2 weeks in the stats aren't going to tell the whole story. Stats get more accurate with a larger sample. Will the ravens give up 500 yds each week? Probably not. Will Romeo's QB rating continue to be roughly equal to the average falcons fan's IQ? probably not. Are pre-season College polls accurate? um, no

Guys relax about what writers/tv personalities say, roughly half the threads on the front page at any given time are about what someone said/wrote or didn't say/write....just keep winning and let them say what they want

Last edited:
this is why I'm liking the Aikman Efficiency Rating right now:

Defense

Aik NFL Team AER
1 2 Broncos (a) 98.3
2 1 Jets (a) 94.4
3 21 Saints (n) 90.2
4 12 Seahawks (n) 89.3
5 7 49ers (n) 85.3
6 10 Redskins (n) 84.7
7 4 Vikings (n) 82.7
8 8 Eagles (n) 82.4
9 17 Ravens (a) 78.8
10 22 Falcons (n) 78.6
11 9 Steelers (a) 78.1
12 6 Cardinals (n) 77.8
13 23 Raiders (a) 77.0
14 29 Rams (n) 76.3
15 5 Bears (n) 75.9
16 19 Packers (n) 75.3
17 26 Titans (a) 75.0
18 11 Bengals (a) 72.5
19 3 Patriots (a) 71.2
20 14 Dolphins (a) 70.1
21 24 Jaguars (a) 69.1
22 20 Chargers (a) 65.1
23 31 Buccaneers (n) 63.6
24 28 Bills (a) 63.4
25 15 Panthers (n) 62.3
26 16 Giants (n) 60.6
27 30 Cowboys (n) 60.6
28 13 Colts (a) 59.4
29 27 Lions (n) 58.8
30 25 Browns (a) 54.9
31 32 Texans (a) 53.0
32 18 Chiefs (a) 52.3

http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123606

let's see 16 games at roughly 3hrs each= 54 hrs before you sit down at your laptop..how many hrs do you work a week?
Of course they don't watch every game, I'm not sure why that is suprising to some. There are stat sheets for that. 2 weeks in the stats aren't going to tell the whole story. Stats get more accurate with a larger sample. Will the ravens give up 500 yds each week? Probably not. Will Romeo's QB rating continue to be roughly equal to the average falcons fan's IQ? probably not. Are pre-season College polls accurate? um, no

while i do agree with you, these guys work for major networks....shirley they have interns and other employees that could watch a game or two each and break them down before these on-air personalities go on and spout off nonsense about things they haven't seen

while i do agree with you, these guys work for major networks....shirley they have interns and other employees that could watch a game or two each and break them down before these on-air personalities go on and spout off nonsense about things they haven't seen
possibly with the networks, but honestly if i asked you ( or my 18yr old intern) to give me 3 bullet points about, say, the cincy/GB game, i probably woudn't be able to report it without p'ing off some gb/cincy fans...

the majority of there blogs are done on a very low budget, and i'd bet many are written in a bathrobe, in the kitchen, while watching sportscenter highlights..yet this board and i'm sure many others take them waaaay to seriously

The Saints have the #1 Ball Hawking Defense. Our 21 Passes Defensed leads the league outright and our 6 interceptions ties for the Lead with the Eagles and Packers. What is perfect about this is that after the interception, if it is not a Pick6, they hand the ball off to the #1 Offense in the league that then converts it to points.

Yeah from the previous poster, the D has really only given up 10 to Detroit and 13 to Philly, for an average of 11.5

The special teams have got to get much better. It will kill us against someone like the Giants, Pats, Falcons.

Also, the turnovers created Sunday broke the game wide open. So credit to the defense for that. We never saw that in the 3 years under Gibbs.

Giving up 250 yards to Kolb by haltime was unacceptable. We have to get better on pass defense.

this is the big thing for me. im so tired of seeing qb's throw all over us. the run defense is doing pretty well so far this year but i would love to see the pass defense get down to atleast 15th this season.

Yeah from the previous poster, the D has really only given up 10 to Detroit and 13 to Philly, for an average of 11.5

The special teams have got to get much better. It will kill us against someone like the Giants, Pats, Falcons.

Also, the turnovers created Sunday broke the game wide open. So credit to the defense for that. We never saw that in the 3 years under Gibbs.

Giving up 250 yards to Kolb by haltime was unacceptable. We have to get better on pass defense.

this is the big thing for me. im so tired of seeing qb's throw all over us. the run defense is doing pretty well so far this year but i would love to see the pass defense get down to atleast 15th this season.

Kolb had 190 yards passing at halftime FWIW. 71 on a busted coverage.

Unfortunately or fortunately if the Saints keep putting up 40 points per game, no matter how good or bad the defense or coordinator is, the Saints will not rank well in pass defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom