Comments from Steve (1 Viewer)

SaintsMan209

SB This year!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I have a few issues I'd like to raise.

1. Drew Brees played a PERFECT GAME. The guy is unbelievable and a Quarterback that I feel confident in. Did you see him on the sidelines? He was ready to get in there and play. He is a mature Quarterback and I really believe this team is special. I loved how Brees kept his composure. Thank God for Drew Brees!

2. Payton, doesn't challenge well. That first fumble wasn't even a fumble. The guy never had full control of the ball. The thing that frustrates me is if you see the other team getting on the field in a hurry and trying to snap the ball, you should have the common sense to know something funny is going on. I don't understand why Payton didn't challenge, call a timeout, start talking to the refs or do something. To me that was a LOST oppurtunity.

3. Colston looked unbelievable yesterday. There is no reason why he shouldn't get rookie of the year. He continues to find ways to get open. I'll be excited when Horn comes back in and I really do hope he can stay in. Horn is the man. We all know if he was in yesterday we would NOT have lost. I really do hope we dont get stung by the injury bug by the end of the season.

4. We need to sign Charles Grant to an extension right away. :)

Conclusion: We must figure out a way into the playoffs. If this team doesn't get in the playoffs I will have a hard time eating for a week. We are too good. We need atleast 4 more wins to get into the playoffs and honestly every game matters. I hope we get an easy victory off of the Niners, but the rest are going to be very difficult.

I agree with everything but #2. It was clearly a fumble. He was trying to get the other arm in place to protect the ball, but just couldn't get it there in time. We would've lost a timeout. There's no way it would've been overturned.

I have a few issues I'd like to raise.
Conclusion: We must figure out a way into the playoffs. If this team doesn't get in the playoffs I will have a hard time eating for a week. We are too good. We need atleast 4 more wins to get into the playoffs and honestly every game matters. I hope we get an easy victory off of the Niners, but the rest are going to be very difficult.

I don't think the Niners game will be a easy victory.
Your right...we need 4 more wins to get in
the playoff and we don't have any easy game on our
schedule.
We will have to play our best game in every game we
play from here on out!!!

smiley-cool.gif

For some reason I feel this team is going to find a way to make it into the playoffs. This is a strange season anyway. If Payton and Gary Gibbs can rally this defense to least step it up and play a few more games above their head, the offense will manage their part.

About the fumbles, I clearly thought that both the Billy Miller and Bush fumbles were the right calls. You can't turn the ball over in your territory and expect to win by giving up 14 pts. on any team. I think the steelers record when leading by 14 is now 90-1 under Bill Cowher.

I am confident this team will regroup and put a butt whipping on the Bengals sunday. We as fans need to get a good nights sleep and bring 60 minutes of havoc in the Dome sunday.

I agree that we need to win at least 4 to get into the post season and that we're capable of doing it. However, we absolutely have got to find a way to get a handle on the turnovers. If our D can't get pics and create fumbles, then we at least have to do a better job of holding on to the ball. I'm still very excited about this team, but I think the reason so many of us are down is not because we don't believe in them but just the opposite: We know they were capable of winning yesterday but gave the game away in the second half. Here's hoping our guys rebound and get stingy with the ball. Geaux Saints!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom