Community (1 Viewer)

Neither was Family Guy or Arrested Development. Not to say that Community is on the same level, but that's not an accurate gauge of what's good TV and what's not.

That's not what I claimed.

I claimed that studios will put up with *******s if they draw in viewers.
Community was a great show, but it didn't draw in lots of viewers.

So when the creator and producer of the show turns out to be such a pain in the *** to work with (numerous reports support this and even he admits to it, he throws tantrums with things don't go exactly his way and will just scream at people all day) the network would give the show less leeway than otherwise.

Bumping this because I'm currently rediscovering my love of this show. It was one of my favorite shows during its original air, especially the first 3 seasons. When the serieslanded on Netflix last year, I immediately added it to my list, but never got around to re-watching. Then IFC started airing it, and I caught a few episodes and I was reminded of why I loved it so much in the first place. Earlier today, I was going to watch just a couple of episodes to kill some time. That was around 6pm. I'm still watching.

Bumping this because I'm currently rediscovering my love of this show. It was one of my favorite shows during its original air, especially the first 3 seasons. When the serieslanded on Netflix last year, I immediately added it to my list, but never got around to re-watching. Then IFC started airing it, and I caught a few episodes and I was reminded of why I loved it so much in the first place. Earlier today, I was going to watch just a couple of episodes to kill some time. That was around 6pm. I'm still watching.

My Mondays and Thursdays are so much better because IFC has Community and Parks and Rec on. Ooooh when I went to verify, looks like they’re on even more this coming week!

I did a full binge of the show early in quarantine, and loved it enough to do another. And I’ll watch it anytime it’s on.

Makes me wish Comedy Central would recognize The Office isn’t the only comedy series in existence.

My Mondays and Thursdays are so much better because IFC has Community and Parks and Rec on. Ooooh when I went to verify, looks like they’re on even more this coming week!

I did a full binge of the show early in quarantine, and loved it enough to do another. And I’ll watch it anytime it’s on.

Makes me wish Comedy Central would recognize The Office isn’t the only comedy series in existence.
So have you seen season 6 of Community? I never got to see it because of the platform it was on. Curious to know if it's worth the watch.

So have you seen season 6 of Community? I never got to see it because of the platform it was on. Curious to know if it's worth the watch.

I have. It’s not the same level, but it’s still got enough of the quirky silliness to be enjoyable. You may not love it, but I don’t think you’ll hate it.

A nice remembrance based on current events.

RIP, Larry

I can relate. I was always looking for a good running sock, tpo, when I was running ... which I need to start again.

The first time I watched season 6, I just kept feeling like it was a bad rip off of Community. Like someone who didnt quite understand was writing it. I've watched seasons 1-5 multiple times as its my favorite comedy series. I'm about to give 6 another try as I heard Ken and Joel complement it during their Covid podcast, The Darkest Timeline.

The first time I watched season 6, I just kept feeling like it was a bad rip off of Community. Like someone who didnt quite understand was writing it. I've watched seasons 1-5 multiple times as its my favorite comedy series. I'm about to give 6 another try as I heard Ken and Joel complement it during their Covid podcast, The Darkest Timeline.
That's how I felt about season 4. Since I'm now in full binge mode, I should get to 6 in a couple days. But, man, I'd stack seasons 1-3 up against any sitcom.

6 was...ok. It had to be challenging doing a 6th season of an ensemble show missing 43% of the core cast. I love Keith David, but his character felt incredibly out of place. I like the grifting, paint ball, and finale episodes. The rest were pretty meh.

In binging, I also realized seasons 4("the gas leak year") and 5 were better than I remembered.

The next time someone complains to me about The Office leaving Netflix, I'll tell them to go watch Community. At times, it's much better.

6 was...ok. It had to be challenging doing a 6th season of an ensemble show missing 43% of the core cast. I love Keith David, but his character felt incredibly out of place. I like the grifting, paint ball, and finale episodes. The rest were pretty meh.

In binging, I also realized seasons 4("the gas leak year") and 5 were better than I remembered.

The next time someone complains to me about The Office leaving Netflix, I'll tell them to go watch Community. At times, it's much better.

Season 5 is really good actually. One of my favorite episodes is the MeowMeow Beans. Also, the reading of Pierce's will and the floor is lava are great. Season 4 is not bad, there were some pretty good episodes. The inside jokes were more subduded I feel, but the actors had the characters down at that point and the story lines leaned heavily into parodying other works. The episode that I remember the most is the Freaky Friday episode, which I really enjoyed.

I'm currently at the end of Season 5 for my 4th time and I think I'm going to actually watch season 6 again this time...or maybe I'll roll a dice for it...

Season 5 is really good actually. One of my favorite episodes is the MeowMeow Beans. Also, the reading of Pierce's will and the floor is lava are great. Season 4 is not bad, there were some pretty good episodes. The inside jokes were more subduded I feel, but the actors had the characters down at that point and the story lines leaned heavily into parodying other works. The episode that I remember the most is the Freaky Friday episode, which I really enjoyed.

I'm currently at the end of Season 5 for my 4th time and I think I'm going to actually watch season 6 again this time...or maybe I'll roll a dice for it...
And create six different timelines? I wonder if that's how we got 2020. Are we actually in the darkest timeline?

And, yeah, the Freaky Friday episode in season 4 is quite good. Donald Glover's Abed impression is spot-on. I never thought 4 and 5 were bad. I just didn't hold them in a very high regard 6 years ago. Watching them again has changed that. Those seasons hold up quite well. 6 is just jarring with nearly half the main group gone and them introducing 2 brand new characters. As I said, a few episodes stood out and I really liked the spinoff commercials.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom