Commuting (1 Viewer)

and now I10 west at 310 - that looks like lane closed there too.

Causeway finna be a right mess. Sun is out so hopefully fog dissipates here soon.

I-55 south- 25 car pile up - 18 Wheeler rammed into stopped cars. Holy cow this will be awful.
My colleague lives in luling and narrowly avoided the causeway and went 155 - said you couldn’t see **** and was going about 55 and car after car would come roaring up behind his and have to swerve into left lane

by the time I parked my car for an hour and a half - just past 2nd mile marker, I’d already rolled past 2 semis with their noses up the butt of commuter cars (the size of my car)😡

My colleague lives in luling and narrowly avoided the causeway and went 155 - said you couldn’t see **** and was going about 55 and car after car would come roaring up behind his and have to swerve into left lane

by the time I parked my car for an hour and a half - just past 2nd mile marker, I’d already rolled past 2 semis with their noses up the butt of commuter cars (the size of my car)😡
that reminds me when it snowed pretty bad here like 5 years ago (in BR area). It was barley coming down whe i left the house, but by time i got on the road, it was coming down pretty hard. Agianst my better judgement, i decided to just go ahead and come to work, it was still dark outside. I was on the interstate and it got pretty bad and i was doing like 35 MPH knowing i would not be able to stop quickly if i needed to, so i drove slowly and made sure i stayed far enough behind anyone. I counted over 30 cars in the ditch in a 10 mile ride on the interstate. I have no doubt everyone one of them were trying to go way too fast for conditions they had never drove in before. I got to work without incident, but i should have never attempted.
On a crazier note, My boss and his wife was from Indiana and had only been living in La for a few years. His wife totaled out her car driving in the snow that morning. He says its a sore subject that was not allowed to be brought up ever again..lol

We all need to get better at being smart about these things - work can survive a day without us
by time i really realized how bad it was, i was close to beig half way. That was the second time i did something stupid. I once drove through water that i should not have driven through. once home and tried to leave to pick up kids and couldn't get out the neighborhood, i realized how deep the water was. But in my work car while it was raining, my windows were all fogged up and i could see too well. when i switched cars and got down the road, i realized i was an idiot...
But i do think back about those 2 instances often and wonder why i was such an idiot. If i was in either situation today, i wouldn't do either. i wouldn't even entertain the idea.

I've worked at the same facility for ~25yrs now and have had the same 20mi commute every day except for a few times where Waze will redirect to a different route.. However, I've been told by my boss that starting in January a couple of the Engineering groups will be moving to the west side of Houston, my group is included. We will all be doing the same jobs, just moving offices. The reason for the move hasn't been made clear, the current facility will remain open and so we're all just scratching our heads.

This move comes with cost... it's an additional 15mi away, will be 35mi one-way, plus nearly all the new route is a toll road. The toll road is ~45min, non-toll is ~1hr20min. We currently work from home on Mon and Fri with a 3day/wk in the office schedule. I estimate it will cost me $7k/year to keep the same job.. and boss has mentioned there will be no adjustments. For a colleague, it's much more significant, $12k/yr for 3day/wk in the office... and there's always a chance we revert back to 5days/week in the office...

I'm not a huge fan of this new plan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom