Commuting (1 Viewer)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
So it looks like I will be commuting (45 minutes or so each way) starting in August
Looking for ‘life hacks’ - gadgets, healthy snacks, apps, et al - that you’ve discovered that help your commutes

I’m slightly concerned bc I do get some hamstring and lower back issues when I sit too long (I actually used to site on tennis balls to help stretch my hamstring on long drives

Thanks in advance

Booker

All-Pro
Reaction score
hah. arse. its pronounced spanish town rd.
You must live just a mile or two from my mom's house. Next time I go visit I should stop by your place first -- it would no doubt make the visit much more tolerable.

Last edited:

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile I've spent the last 20 years listening to my ipod and surfing SaintsReport on my daily train rides. Kind of makes me feel like I've wasted my life now.
have you enjoyed it though? did you enjoy the listening? all that matters.

Swamprat

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
For +21yrs, pre-Covid, I had a ~45min commute each way.... Over the last yr or so, Waze definitely earned a permanent spot in my commute arsenal of tools. I've avoided wrecks, delays, high water and etc with it. Also in my tool kit for the evening ride, WWL streaming...keep in mind I'm in Houston and it was great to get a taste of home, rest of the time Sirius jams and local stations kept me occupied...

With Covid, my commute is now 45ft and I DO NOT MISS my 45min commute one damn bit. Just yesterday was notified we've got another 2months of work from home...whoo hoo!!

I just estimated I've cumulatively spent about 325 (24/7) days commuting back-n-forth... that's a lot of riding.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
For +21yrs, pre-Covid, I had a ~45min commute each way.... Over the last yr or so, Waze definitely earned a permanent spot in my commute arsenal of tools. I've avoided wrecks, delays, high water and etc with it. Also in my tool kit for the evening ride, WWL streaming...keep in mind I'm in Houston and it was great to get a taste of home, rest of the time Sirius jams and local stations kept me occupied...

With Covid, my commute is now 45ft and I DO NOT MISS my 45min commute one damn bit. Just yesterday was notified we've got another 2months of work from home...whoo hoo!!

I just estimated I've cumulatively spent about 325 (24/7) days commuting back-n-forth... that's a lot of riding.
the year i spent driving from college station on 6 to 290 still gives me headaches.

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’ll echo other posters who have mentioned Sirius satellite radio.. it’s the best $13 or $14 /month you’ll ever spend, or in my case i do the thing where you call in every six months and threaten to cancel, and it winds up being $7 or $8 per month.

It’s made the difference between dreading a drive, and making driving an enjoyable experience.. Especially since I’ve spent most of my adult life living outside of New Orleans.. Living in Houston, before i got Sirius, i wanted to stab my ears having to put up with all the Astros/Texans/Rockets talk.. even when i did live in NOLA, there’s only so much WWL you can take.. With Sirius you get like a half dozen espn channels, Fox Sports Mad Dog Radio and others .. plus news channels and comedy, etc.. and i use the Sirius app on my phone to listen to their music channels when i go running.

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My dad used to commute from Algiers to Empire. About 50 to 60 minutes. He learned Spanish.

Seriously. He had a co-worker from Honduras so he could practice at work. His Spanish is still decent and it was learned in commutes.

I just don’t have that kind of discipline. He’s not proud.

your people from Algiers???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom