Commuting (1 Viewer)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So it looks like I will be commuting (45 minutes or so each way) starting in August
Looking for ‘life hacks’ - gadgets, healthy snacks, apps, et al - that you’ve discovered that help your commutes

I’m slightly concerned bc I do get some hamstring and lower back issues when I sit too long (I actually used to site on tennis balls to help stretch my hamstring on long drives

Thanks in advance

So it looks like I will be commuting (45 minutes or so each way) starting in August
Looking for ‘life hacks’ - gadgets, healthy snacks, apps, et al - that you’ve discovered that help your commutes

I’m slightly concerned bc I do get some hamstring and lower back issues when I sit too long (I actually used to site on tennis balls to help stretch my hamstring on long drives

Thanks in advance
audiobooks.

Thanks in advance

It’s 45 minutes - not Paris to Dakar.

EACH WAY

plus, I have never had anything more than a 15 minute commute that didn’t involve a subway or a bike
so I’m turning to pros

Depends on to/from... That 45 could be 1.5.

Just this eve, wreck on 190 shut it down North and South. Added 30 min to my trek home.

App... Waze.
When I taught in tx my gf worked in Dallas
She had a 15 minute window that was the difference between 45 & 90 minutes
I want no part of that

Luckily I’m going opposite of rush hour flow, so that should help

My pre-Covid commute was 45-60 mins each way. But this was suburb driving with traffic lights. I have SiriusXM and that helps.

audiobooks.

My dad used to commute from Algiers to Empire. About 50 to 60 minutes. He learned Spanish.

Seriously. He had a co-worker from Honduras so he could practice at work. His Spanish is still decent and it was learned in commutes.

I just don’t have that kind of discipline. He’s not proud.

Long ago I knew of an older gentleman who would start his daily afternoon commute from NOLA to somewhere across the Causeway with a 6- pack of 16 ounce Budweiser’s. Everyday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom