Commuting (1 Viewer)

My dad used to commute from Algiers to Empire. About 50 to 60 minutes. He learned Spanish.

Seriously. He had a co-worker from Honduras so he could practice at work. His Spanish is still decent and it was learned in commutes.

I just don’t have that kind of discipline. He’s not proud.
i had a coworker who commuted everyday from nola east to downtown br. m-f. no way in hell.

So it looks like I will be commuting (45 minutes or so each way) starting in August
Looking for ‘life hacks’ - gadgets, healthy snacks, apps, et al - that you’ve discovered that help your commutes

I’m slightly concerned bc I do get some hamstring and lower back issues when I sit too long (I actually used to site on tennis balls to help stretch my hamstring on long drives

Thanks in advance

Get in touch with NORAD so that you can get access to the Asgard beaming technology and then you won't have to spend long hours in positions that negatively effect you.

Long ago I knew of an older gentleman who would start his daily afternoon commute from NOLA to somewhere across the Causeway with a 6- pack of 16 ounce Budweiser’s. Everyday.

I would have never guessed that you would travel in the same circle as someone who drinks and drives.

Long ago I knew of an older gentleman who would start his daily afternoon commute from NOLA to somewhere across the Causeway with a 6- pack of 16 ounce Budweiser’s. Everyday.

I would have never guessed that you would travel in the same circle as someone who drinks and drives.

So it looks like I will be commuting (45 minutes or so each way) starting in August
Looking for ‘life hacks’ - gadgets, healthy snacks, apps, et al - that you’ve discovered that help your commutes

I’m slightly concerned bc I do get some hamstring and lower back issues when I sit too long (I actually used to site on tennis balls to help stretch my hamstring on long drives

Thanks in advance

I commuted from LaPlace to downtown New Orleans for 5 or 6 years. It really blows. But, if you are going against traffic, it might not be as bad. The only thing that kept me slightly sane was audiobooks. Audible is a decent deal.

It's been awhile since I commuted but I always liked trying to be as productive as possible during my commute. Making any phone calls that needed to be made to take care of life things, making those relationship-maintenance phone calls to family and friends, etc.

If I'm going to lose 10 hours a week sitting in my car I want to use it to get things done that I'd otherwise have to do with my free time, so that I can maximize the free time I do have.

I commuted from LaPlace to downtown New Orleans for 5 or 6 years. It really blows. But, if you are going against traffic, it might not be as bad. The only thing that kept me slightly sane was audiobooks. Audible is a decent deal.
audible is well worth the $100 a year or so subscription

It's been awhile since I commuted but I always liked trying to be as productive as possible during my commute. Making any phone calls that needed to be made to take care of life things, making those relationship-maintenance phone calls to family and friends, etc.

If I'm going to lose 10 hours a week sitting in my car I want to use it to get things done that I'd otherwise have to do with my free time, so that I can maximize the free time I do have.

I don't like enough people to take up 10 hours a week with personal phone calls.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom