Comparing Drew Brees to Patrick Mahomes (1 Viewer)

KingNene

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Now that both players have played 10 games it is fair to compare them.

Drew Brees:
2964 yards, 28 Total TDs, 1 INT, 257/334, 76.9%, 126.9 QBR, 0 Fumbles

Patrick Mahomes:
3150 yards, 33 Total TDs, 7 INT, 231/345, 67.0%, 117.4 QBR, 5 fumbles (somehow none lost)

To me, it seems clear who deserves the MVP honor more. #Brees4MVP

Last edited:
All that matters is that we win the Superbowl! Screw all the haters as Drew should have had MVP several times. I hope Drew gets his second Superbowl MVP so the haters can hate some more and I hope we repeat while we still have Drew so he can continue to show the world that he is the GOAT!!!

Drew being 10% higher in completion percentage is all it SHOULD take, but you know...TD's!!!

Chiefs haven't had their bye week yet

Now that both players have played 10 games it is fair to compare them.

Drew Brees:
2964 yards, 28 Total TDs, 1 INT, 257/334, 76.9%, 126.9 QBR, 0 Fumbles

Patrick Mahomes:
3150 yards, 33 Total TDs, 7 INT, 231/345, 67.0%, 117.4%, 5 fumbles (somehow none lost)

To me, it seems clear who deserves the MVP honor more. #Brees4MVP

Mahomes is having a good season but he also benefits from the novelty factor. His overall performance is about what we expect of top passers in this era of football.

Meanwhile, Brees is sitting there with one interception and on pace to set a new season completion % record. That's exceptional, if it holds.

There's also an argument to be made that Mahomes is picking up on the success that carried over from last season with Smith at QB. He might have nudged the Chiefs forward, which is commendable, but Brees has been the heart and soul of this team since taking over in 2006, and we don't have reason to think the team continues to soar as high otherwise. We hope.

I don't think it would be absurd for Mahomes to win MVP, he's having a strong season, but Brees is right there with him, overall, and also flirting with staggering milestones.

Brees is on pace to break three single season records, Mahomes is on pace to break zero.

I think it's a better idea to compare Patrick Mahomes to Drew Brees. And that's just for this season. Otherwise, I don't think he deserves to be in the same sentence yet. Perhaps if he's still doing it 15 years from now.

Interesting note about venues:

Of the Chiefs six remaining game, all are outdoors - and apart from their game tonight in LA, they have one in Oakland (air quality?), the other four are at Arrowhead (x3) and Seattle. Venues that are not always passer friendly in December.

Drew plays four of six remaining games indoors (three in the Dome plus one in Dallas), and outdoor games in Tampa and Carolina.

I think it's a better idea to compare Patrick Mahomes to Drew Brees. And that's just for this season. Otherwise, I don't think he deserves to be in the same sentence yet. Perhaps if he's still doing it 15 years from now.
I don’t think you can compare any QB in the NFL to Drew Brees. Drew Brees is the heart and soul of the team, and is an integral part of every phase of game planning and execution.

Mahomes is just the quarterback. Is he a great quarterback? Sure. But you can’t even begin to compare their roles in the team.

I would love 200 yard, 0 tds, 2 ints from mahomes tonight....and they still win :)

Last 7 games.
Mahomes- 17 TD and 7 interceptions
Brees- 17 TD and 1 interception

I see where this is going and by the time the votes come, it wont be close.

Mahomes is having a good season but he also benefits from the novelty factor. His overall performance is about what we expect of top passers in this era of football.

Meanwhile, Brees is sitting there with one interception and on pace to set a new season completion % record. That's exceptional, if it holds.

There's also an argument to be made that Mahomes is picking up on the success that carried over from last season with Smith at QB. He might have nudged the Chiefs forward, which is commendable, but Brees has been the heart and soul of this team since taking over in 2006, and we don't have reason to think the team continues to soar as high otherwise. We hope.

I don't think it would be absurd for Mahomes to win MVP, he's having a strong season, but Brees is right there with him, overall, and also flirting with staggering milestones.

Agreed.
The problem is as I’ve stated before.

Drew is vanilla, boring, and does it so well and so often that it is expected and taken for granted.
Like the Sun rising every day.
Imo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom