Comparisons of Brady, Brees and Manning (1 Viewer)

st.brees

Very Banned
Reaction score
Score of Scale 0-10

Brady Brees Manning Attribute

10 10 10 Ability to read defense
10 9 9 Pocket presence
9 10 10 Accuracy

8 8 9 Arm strength

9 9 9 Footwork
8 8 7 Mobility
9 8 8 On the run
8 8 10 Play action

9 9 8 Under heavy pressure
10 9 8 Clutch time

9 10 8 Leadership

7 6 9 Years in NFL
3 0 0 Hardware

Other factors

7 8 9 Offensive weapons around
9 8 9 Team power
10 8 8 Coaching

add all things together (Years in NFL, Offensive weapons around, Team power and Coaching are minus):

Brady Brees Manning
68 67 59

I think Manning and Brady deserve better ratings, but Brees gets more in pocket presence and awareness, never seen anything like it, he makes our whole line much better.

I'm sorry, i'd rather face, Brees, then brady, then manning..
I still have horrid flashbacks of manning in the superdome..
Brady is a great QB, no argument.. but Manning is devastating. Especially, now that he can read a blitz and get rid of the ball. If you can't bring pressure with the front 3 or 4, you are in TROUBLE.
They all have their bad games.. seems as if mannings just happen to be in the playoffs. and that is when it's the last of the season if it happens.

Manning 10 in every catagory except mobility (does move around the pocket well though and has come up with some big runs this year also).

please, this is a rather laughable statement, dont you think?

No I don't. Tell me one QB in the history of the game you would take before him? How many QB's in today's game actually do what he does? Great arm, very accurate, has the best on the field pressence of any QB I have ever seen (brings back memories of Montanta, Young, Marino, Elway).

Perhaps. But it isn't an accident that he holds several NFL passing records and it is also no accident that his Passer Rating is tops in the league at 106...

Brees at 95.2 & Brady at 83.5.

I've been watching the NFL since I was a kid - that is over 40 years - and I have never seen a QB with the passing skills that Manning has. The guy is an unbelievable talent.

JMO.

Stats from nfl.com

NFL Pro Bowl AFC Football Player Roster 2005
QB Peyton Manning Indianapolis Colts
QB Tom Brady New England Patriots
QB Drew Brees San Diego Chargers

They are all good.

NFL Pro Bowl AFC Football Player Roster 2005
QB Peyton Manning Indianapolis Colts
QB Tom Brady New England Patriots
QB Drew Brees San Diego Chargers

They are all good.

And i'd put them in that order.

Just a thought I had while perusing this thread- I wonder how good of friends Brees and Manning are? I'm sure they socialized while in Hawaii for the Pro Bowl, but now that Brees has bought an Uptown home near the Manning family, and has taken Peyton's hometown franchise on his shoulders, I wonder what their conversations are like. I haven't seen this written about, does anyone know what type of relationship, if any, they have?

No I don't. Tell me one QB in the history of the game you would take before him? How many QB's in today's game actually do what he does? Great arm, very accurate, has the best on the field pressence of any QB I have ever seen (brings back memories of Montanta, Young, Marino, Elway).

I can name one that plays right now: Tom Brady. Though Manning is closing the gap rapidly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom