Competition Committee needs to address Judgement Calls (1 Viewer)

I don't know about you guys, but literally after every big play we make on defense (hell on offense too) I find myself holding my breath in anticipation for a flag! It is crazy how much this crap happens these last few years, and NFL football games, especially the Saints, are becoming unwatchable.

Even the players are now conditioned to scan the field after every big play looking & praying that a flag wasn't thrown. It is a real shame how many times the outcome of NFL football games are now changed due to bogus, ticky tack at best, penalties.

I hate to say it, but I knew without a doubt that they would score on that drive because I knew without a doubt their drive would be extended by penalty until they did score. This was a given and it really sucks being subjected to this every weekend during the season. If I wasn't such an ardent SAINTS football fan I would stop subjecting myself to this BS every Sunday! UGH!!

I think there is. The teams send tape to league after every game, and while the league may respond and say "hey, we screwed that up"... there is nothing they can do except say "I'm Sorry".

I think officials get fined for blowing calls... but that's it. We don't hear of this because they don't want the public to go ballistic on the refs for screwing the teams on some calls, but they do "punish" the refs for bad officiating.

The officials in the Okie St game got suspended for their decision to allow that Hail Mary/Hook and latter.

Yeah. I think you're correct. But i meant in-game.

Full. Time. Refs.

The fact that the NFL, a multi-billion dollar "non-profit" doesnt have full time refs yet is mind boggling.

Can you imagine refs in their mid20s-30s, who train year round? Instead of retired lawyers and doctors doing it as a hobby?

The NFL tried to make them full time the last time they negotiated and the refs turned it down. Many of them make a lot of money in other ventures and didn't want to give that up.

Defensive holding is the new tool that is used to control a game. Offensive holding was the mechanism they used before.
NOTHING will change......

I know we as fans have been plagued by PI or holding calls late in the game. In most cases, we normally get the short end of the stick. It's very frustrating, especially when a bad call can literally change the outcome of the game.

I believe they should implement a rule to where judgement calls such as PI/Illegal contact or holding, should get challenged in the booth or to the center in NY. This should happen when the game is under 2 minutes.

What does everyone think about?[/QUOTE
Yeah I agree , but have you read the PI rules ? I'ts like O line holding , you can call it according to the rules almost every time a DB plays the pass . It ALL judgemental , What's incidental , what's not ? It being a judgement call the ref will always be right . But I think it should be a challengeable play sent to a official off the field

I know we as fans have been plagued by PI or holding calls late in the game. In most cases, we normally get the short end of the stick. It's very frustrating, especially when a bad call can literally change the outcome of the game.

I believe they should implement a rule to where judgement calls such as PI/Illegal contact or holding, should get challenged in the booth or to the center in NY. This should happen when the game is under 2 minutes.

What does everyone think about?[/QUOTE
Yeah I agree , but have you read the PI rules ? I'ts like O line holding , you can call it according to the rules almost every time a DB plays the pass . It ALL judgemental , What's incidental , what's not ? It being a judgement call the ref will always be right . But I think it should be a challengeable play sent to a official off the field

That's why I believe the call should be sent to the center in NY or LA. They will still have the final outcome, but at least it has a new set of eyes and a chance for it to be reviewed.

I honestly think they got that call because Del Rio had spent most of the day complaining to them about every single call. I recall one bad call against them but prior to that last play I thought the calls were ok and balanced out. Once that last play happened I feel like the refs chickened out and just gave it to Del Rio.

I honestly think they got that call because Del Rio had spent most of the day complaining to them about every single call. I recall one bad call against them but prior to that last play I thought the calls were ok and balanced out. Once that last play happened I feel like the refs chickened out and just gave it to Del Rio.

He's known for being a girl about calls. I still remember him challenging the PI call when the Saints played the Jaguars back in 03. I don't think i've seen a PI call challenged since. If we would have gotten the call, we wouldn't have lost the game, and there wouldn't have been no River City Relay.

The NFL tried to make them full time the last time they negotiated and the refs turned it down. Many of them make a lot of money in other ventures and didn't want to give that up.

Which is a problem. For a multi-billion dollar entity to be so severely impacted by these people who dont even want to give it their full attention is a serious issue.

They should allow you to challenge penalties in the last two minutes of the game. PERIOD.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom