Competition committee recommends expanding reviews to include pass interference calls after Saints-Rams blunder (1 Viewer)

Is it reviewed automatically or does it require a challenge? If it requires a challenge, then the abundance of flags on PI thrown out of caution because it's reviewable won't matter anyway because of the way the challenge system is set up. PI should be reviewed every time it's questionable from the booth if they're going to do it. And not doing anything to prevent what happened to us in the NFCCG really makes me ambivalent about any change to the rule anyway.

IMO, a team should be able to challenge no calls on anything that would be a personal foul or pass interference. Wouldn't take any longer if they include it in the already established challenge system. The CFL has been getting it right for years now so the only reason I can see the NFL not wanting to allow the challenge of no calls would be taking their ability to sway a game's outcome out of their hands.

This is just garbage:

You could find enough qualified fans to fill these positions to make calls from upstairs on obvious blown calls. What a cop out.

I would do it for free. I mean it.

I just don't get the reluctance to have these rules in place. The # of coaches challenges isn't changing, so how exactly does this make the game longer? And by "longer," it's not like we're talking an extra hour; we're talking like an extra 10 minutes tops.

These calls are so important in 2019 that getting them right should be the priority. Millions, heck billions of dollars are at stake in these games today. Multi-million dollar JOBS are at stake. Legacies are at stake. Billions of gambling dollars are at stake (a world the league now has a relationship with, hmmm).

And don't even get me started on the reluctance to add a Sky Judge or even an 8th official.

Just pitiful. Why are we accepting mediocrity?

I just don't get the reluctance to have these rules in place. The # of coaches challenges isn't changing, so how exactly does this make the game longer? And by "longer," it's not like we're talking an extra hour; we're talking like an extra 10 minutes tops.

These calls are so important in 2019 that getting them right should be the priority. Millions, heck billions of dollars are at stake in these games today. Multi-million dollar JOBS are at stake. Legacies are at stake. Billions of gambling dollars are at stake (a world the league now has a relationship with, hmmm).

And don't even get me started on the reluctance to add a Sky Judge or even an 8th official.

Just pitiful. Why are we accepting mediocrity?
We shouldn't need posts like this, which states the obvious and outlines the way it SHOULD be. At least it's obvious to anyone with any common sense. Evidently, the powers that be in the NFL lack a single atom of common sense. I can't give this post enough "likes."

The “League” is not going to change anything in the game that the “League” doesn’t have a problem with. The NFCCG turned out exactly the way the faceless cowards wanted, to have the Rams in the SB in order to pander to that fictious fan base and potential big money market.

Basically, we'd still be screwed. Wonderful.

The NFL as an entity is stupid.

They aren't stupid they just don't care. Arrogant, self-serving, greedy, narcissistic they are all of those things as most billionaires prove to be.

JustaSharkie is spot on....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom