Complete NFL 1st Round Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

How high do you think Datone Jones' stock will rise?

If that were the scenario and there were ever a draft to trade down. This would be it.

His stock is rising to late first early second but he doesn't fit our scheme since we already have the same player in cam jordan

No WAY Mingo lasts that long. Not a chance.

Oh really? Then who do u have taking him? Every single team that's needs a pass rusher I have taking one so if mingo isn't there werner Moore Jarvis dion or Ansah will be, which is fine with me

I think Jarvis can avoid blocks just fine. Jordan and Mingo on the other end seem too weak to be impactful against NFL players. Alex Okafor is a better prospect than Lemonier and Taylor IMO

Avoiding blocks won't save Jarvis on the Left where his role would be to destroy and power through them.

Okafor is a better passer rusher than either but I don't think that he'll be able to extend as well as Lemonier against the run and I don't think that he's as fast and smooth in space as Taylor. I think that our biggest question mark is finding an edge-setter at OLB.

for some reason, the more I watch Mingo, the less I want us to draft him. He reminds me a bit of Aaron Maybin.

Avoiding blocks won't save Jarvis on the Left where his role would be to destroy and power through them.

Okafor is a better passer rusher than either but I don't think that he'll be able to extend as well as Lemonier against the run and I don't think that he's as fast and smooth in space as Taylor. I think that our biggest question mark is finding an edge-setter at OLB.
Taylor had a pretty bad year across from Clowney. I like him as a prospect but I just don't get why he was so bad last year with Clowney across from him and he was not very special when Melvin Ingram was there either IIRC...

I like the Steelers pick, wouldn't say Harrison is done per se, but he clearly needs his replacement on the roster this year. The only other position of real need is RB, and I've heard this draft will be very deep with later round RBs.

Taylor had a pretty bad year across from Clowney. I like him as a prospect but I just don't get why he was so bad last year with Clowney across from him and he was not very special when Melvin Ingram was there either IIRC...

We're also only talking about a possible 4th or 5th round pick here unless he runs really fast at the combine and blows people away in the agility drills.

Compare his senior year to aldon smiths senior year:

Taylor--3 sacks, 6 passes defensed, 3 hurries, 8.5 tackles for loss, 45 tackles.
cfbstats.com - Devin Taylor 2011 Player Statistics - South Carolina Gamecocks

Smith--4.5 sacks, 2 passes defensed, 1 hurry, 1 forced fumble, 10 tackles for loss, 48 tackles. 1 Int.
cfbstats.com - Aldon Smith 2010 Player Statistics - Missouri Tigers

Taylor also has had at least 42 tackles the last three seasons and his 2010 season was not far off from Aldon Smith's 2009 season that gained him so much respect in the scouting community.

I also like the fact that he's a bit bigger than smith and might be a slight bit better in coverage.

We're also only talking about a possible 4th or 5th round pick here unless he runs really fast at the combine and blows people away in the agility drills.

Compare his senior year to aldon smiths senior year:

Taylor--3 sacks, 6 passes defensed, 3 hurries, 8.5 tackles for loss, 45 tackles.
cfbstats.com - Devin Taylor 2011 Player Statistics - South Carolina Gamecocks

Smith--4.5 sacks, 2 passes defensed, 1 hurry, 1 forced fumble, 10 tackles for loss, 48 tackles. 1 Int.
cfbstats.com - Aldon Smith 2010 Player Statistics - Missouri Tigers

Taylor also has had at least 42 tackles the last three seasons and his 2010 season was not far off from Aldon Smith's 2009 season that gained him so much respect in the scouting community.

I also like the fact that he's a bit bigger than smith and might be a slight bit better in coverage.
He has a huge frame at 6'8. What do you think of him putting on some weight and playing DE?

He has a huge frame at 6'8. What do you think of him putting on some weight and playing DE?

I would rather him use his length in the open field at ROLB. Teams would hate to run at him with only one blocker and Akiem Hicks so then you're forced to run to cam Jordan's side. Sounds like a lose lose.

Serious question, just because of my relative ignorance of the 3-4, but why can't we have Junior play the SLB? He is good against the run and can give us great pass rush ability from the position. Let a guy like Jones play the WLB where he shouldn't be playing the run as much and can pursue hard from the back of the play.

Serious question, just because of my relative ignorance of the 3-4, but why can't we have Junior play the SLB? He is good against the run and can give us great pass rush ability from the position. Let a guy like Jones play the WLB where he shouldn't be playing the run as much and can pursue hard from the back of the play.

Ur slob has to be able to rush the passer and cover tight ends, it's a hard position to play,gallette couldn't cover a tight end all he can do is rush

Ur slob has to be able to rush the passer and cover tight ends, it's a hard position to play,gallette couldn't cover a tight end all he can do is rush

Why can't our ILB cover TEs? I thought that's why you guys wanted Tez to play in the middle, so he can cover.

One, because I think that junior is potentially a better pass rusher than Jarvis Jones and is quicker and has more pass rush moves.

Two, because I think that you'd be squandering those best attributes by asking him to primarily play run support which is the LOLB's primary responsibility, Not coverage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom