Complete PFF grades (1 Viewer)

Interesting. Strief came in as the #4 tackle in the league for games played thus far according to those numbers. And Jenkins graded out positively, very, but everyone's saying he was garbage and was constantly blocked ten yards off the line.

I don't think their grades are perfect, but they're a better analysis than I could give of each individual player. Byrd's #'s are awful. He needs to step it up big time, but it also must be hard playing FS with your edge rushers all grading out in the red.

What's crazy to me about these grades, is that Drew was pressured less than any QB in the league so far, according to them, but we have one offensive lineman in the green, and he's the one who gave up the sack. PFF almost always grades Streif highly, but nothing came off of Armsteads side yesterday.

To be fair, Streif did a good job on that sack. Drew said it himself. He held the ball too long.

What's crazy to me about these grades, is that Drew was pressured less than any QB in the league so far, according to them, but we have one offensive lineman in the green, and he's the one who gave up the sack. PFF almost always grades Streif highly, but nothing came off of Armsteads side yesterday.

armstead gave up 2 sacks/qb hits that were negated by def penalties.

PFF said they grade those plays as negative if the person gets beat even if a penalty saves them.

PFF said they grade those plays as negative if the person gets beat even if a penalty saves them.

THAT'S stupid. The only person that should be graded on a penalty should be the penalty player.

The sack that was given up but called back was Peat getting beat, for the record. The announcer said the tackles got beat, but it was Peat on the left side.

Interesting. Strief came in as the #4 tackle in the league for games played thus far according to those numbers. And Jenkins graded out positively, very, but everyone's saying he was garbage and was constantly blocked ten yards off the line.

I don't think their grades are perfect, but they're a better analysis than I could give of each individual player. Byrd's #'s are awful. He needs to step it up big time, but it also must be hard playing FS with your edge rushers all grading out in the red.

I feel bad for Byrd. Everyone wants to make him the scapegoat, but a safety like him needs solid corners or a decent pass rush. He made his name as a ball hawking deep safety, with no real assignments and mainly just roaming the field. Force the QB to make a quick throw without getting to read the field, or force the QB to make risky throws in tight coverage.

The Saints have had neither stability at corner or a pass rush during his time here. Not only is there no pass rush, but the corners are immediately beaten at the line of scrimmage. The only play Byrd can then make is attempting to save a touchdown.

Byrd stunk yesterday, but holy cow... with the way some people sound, they're trying to put the failures of horrific corner play and the worst defensive line in the NFL the last two seasons on Byrd is just silly.

Somehow it's Byrd's fault that the Saints got zero sacks on an offensive line with a backup in and three of the five starters playing out of position.

Somehow it's Byrd's fault that Crawly was beaten at the line of scrimmage every snap.

Has Byrd lived up to expectations and salary here? No.

Has Byrd gotten any help from the defense to give him a chance to live up to his hype? Absolutely not.

THAT'S stupid. The only person that should be graded on a penalty should be the penalty player.

Sometimes it's not the player that he's engaging that causes the penalty. I think it's a good idea to count those plays when looking for an overall performance grade.

I feel bad for Byrd. Everyone wants to make him the scapegoat, but a safety like him needs solid corners or a decent pass rush. He made his name as a ball hawking deep safety, with no real assignments and mainly just roaming the field. Force the QB to make a quick throw without getting to read the field, or force the QB to make risky throws in tight coverage.

The Saints have had neither stability at corner or a pass rush during his time here. Not only is there no pass rush, but the corners are immediately beaten at the line of scrimmage. The only play Byrd can then make is attempting to save a touchdown.

Byrd stunk yesterday, but holy cow... with the way some people sound, they're trying to put the failures of horrific corner play and the worst defensive line in the NFL the last two seasons on Byrd is just silly.

Somehow it's Byrd's fault that the Saints got zero sacks on an offensive line with a backup in and three of the five starters playing out of position.

Somehow it's Byrd's fault that Crawly was beaten at the line of scrimmage every snap.

Has Byrd lived up to expectations and salary here? No.

Has Byrd gotten any help from the defense to give him a chance to live up to his hype? Absolutely not.
Does it make sense to keep playing him that way then when you know you are not getting pressure and have a young secondary?

I see I wasn't imagining things that Laurinaitis was a non-factor.

I'm not sure why PFF loves Jenkins so much. I don't remember him getting any penetration, and there was more than a few times the guy blocking him put him on skates. They graded him rather high last season in games where I didn't think he was doing well also.

I can't recall noticing any significant contributions from Laurenitis yesterday. Seems to be reflected in his grade too.

IDK if anyone saw it but Byrd was holding an ice pack on his knee at one point when on the sideline.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Sounds like we are using him incorrectly. When he bails out pre-snap all he does is keep the big plays in front of him. Seems to me to compliment our High Powered Offense it would be better to keep him closer and cut him loose and let him gamble more. If we give up the big play so be it. Isnt that a better fit than getting methodically chewed up?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom