Computer / Anti Virus / Anti Add Software QUESTION: (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Yesterday I bought / installed "Norton 360" Anti Virus/spyware/firewall software..... Still getting alot of advertisements popping up (especially ALOT of "Cid" type advertisements). I thought this Norton 360 would stop them (who knows, maybe it can and maybe it's something that I have to change it's settings of.). Any suggestions on how I can stop these pop-ups, they are driving me crazy......

Thanks....

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/programs.php

That will get you started down the path of hijackthis. There are forums where you can post the output from the program and other users with enough knowledge of programing can help you identify the culprit.

If that doesn't work your best bet will be to wipe the OS and start with a fresh install.

i have 360 and have no such problems. those pop ups may be embedded on your computer bro...

JMO, 360 will gobble up your system resources and cause problems with other programs. There are several free alternatives that will do the same thing with much less overhead. There should be quite a bit of info on the tech board.

With regards to your spyware (in addition to the info above), get Windows Defender, Spybot, and Adaware. That will get you started cleaning the common ones. Some of the trickier spyware requires more drastic measures.

what I see a lot of is people with already infected systems putting Norton or MacAfee on them hoping to rid themselves of the infections. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, The kind folks who make virii and spyware make themselves experts at getting around Norton, MacAfee, and the like. No one solution gets it all, usually.

Spybot, HiJackThis, and a host of other tools can be used to get rid of it, Norton can then be used to keep it away. Not that im a fan of Norton, but its better then nothing.

Anyway, this link will provide some info.

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/lofiversion/index.php/t7569.html

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom