Concerned about his hip, CB-needy Pittsburgh passing on Keenan Lewis (1 Viewer)

Maybe Lewis insisted he was ready and could play? Not sure...

I would hope we would rely on our medical staff to clear a player to practice rather than the player himself. But, who knows?

Note to self Keenan Lewis: Do not burn your bridges!! You yapped your mouth on way out and the reason you got let go was just Confirmed by your old team the Steelers passing on you.

If you would e stayed quiet, may be better chance to come back to Saints mid year....

He likely will not be ready until mid season at best. I don't know what made him think any team would reserve a roster spot for a player that has no chance of playing until then, if at all. If he wants to play he needs to get himself ready to play by mid season if he can, then start making pitches to various teams. Maybe he thought the Steelers were that desperate.

My gut says Lewis was released because the Saints staff feels this is an injury he can't come back from :(

Unfortunately it could be over for KL.

Bo Jackson 2.0

Not even in the same galaxy as each other. Keenan was really really good but he was never going to threaten being the best CB that ever played. If Bo doesn't get injured he would have been the greatest RB ever. Or you could at least have a legitimate argument for it.

Ike Taylor and Keenan Lewis both don't have TV friendly faces.

Or the legs :hihi:

Maybe Lewis insisted he was ready and could play? Not sure...

I would hope we would rely on our medical staff to clear a player to practice rather than the player himself. But, who knows?

Medical stuff can only do so much. Keenan very well could lie about how he feels, or how things were responding.

Edit: Not maliciously, but just trying to get back

Saints front office not doing a very solid job on their due diligence. KL was out the entire last half of last season and had all these issues. The team needs to fire the people responsible for conducting the medical reviews on these players. I mean his hip or knee just didn't start to being an issue last month. Makes you wonder if KL was keeping true extent of these issues from the team and when the found out he wasn't being honest they cut him?
You just know that if he was close to being back to 100% like he said he is the Steelers would of signed him. I fear that his condition is bad like degenerative. No other reason to pass IMO.

You are on the right track there remember last year he had issues with the team's Ochsner doctors. He sought out a different course of treatment and many 2nd opinions. Maybe the fact that he self treated and didn't get better led to great consternation within the front office staff that facilitated his departure. had he stuck with their doctors plans he might be better but he wasn't so going to IR to heal was what they wanted. Proving he could play is what Kenan wanted and he was getting beat out by a rookie CB.

Man if teddy bruschci with that steroid head can get on screaming ike and keenan are alright
My least favorite analyst. That guy was all over Drew and CSP when Bountygate broke and never let go.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom