Concerned about his hip, CB-needy Pittsburgh passing on Keenan Lewis (1 Viewer)

WIth the tidal wave of constant info including Tweeters, bloggers, Instagrammers, and on and on, everyone has become an expert and simply Points of Views are now presented as fact and even fantasies become their shared reality.

I have been railing on about this for years. To state an opinion without substance to support the opinion is just a useless waste of bandwidth and data to me. People believe something for a reason. If they don't know the reason, maybe the belief is invalid.

Saints front office not doing a very solid job on their due diligence. KL was out the entire last half of last season and had all these issues. The team needs to fire the people responsible for conducting the medical reviews on these players. I mean his hip or knee just didn't start to being an issue last month. Makes you wonder if KL was keeping true extent of these issues from the team and when the found out he wasn't being honest they cut him?
You just know that if he was close to being back to 100% like he said he is the Steelers would of signed him. I fear that his condition is bad like degenerative. No other reason to pass IMO.

I don't understand your point. He was healthy when they signed him in 2013. As stated quite often elsewhere in other threads, we may never know the full truth of the story.

Btw, just had a thought. While we could put him on designated IR to return while still on the team, could the Steelers have done the same if they signed him. If not, it would readily explain why they wouldn't sign him.

Read something somewhere that indicated that he needed about 6 weeks to be ready. It makes me wonder why the Saints activated him from PUP for one day. Why not leave him on PUP and make a decision 6-8 weeks into the season?

If he heals up sometime in mid season, either the Saints or someone else will put him on their roster.

Read something somewhere that indicated that he needed about 6 weeks to be ready. It makes me wonder why the Saints activated him from PUP for one day. Why not leave him on PUP and make a decision 6-8 weeks into the season?

Injury settlement issues?

Ike Taylor is horrible on tv. I don't understand most things he says

WIth the tidal wave of constant info including Tweeters, bloggers, Instagrammers, and on and on, everyone has become an expert and simply Points of Views are now presented as fact and even fantasies become their shared reality.

53334658.jpg

Maybe Lewis insisted he was ready and could play? Not sure...

Maybe somebody can clear this up for me. It is my understanding that the Saints may have wanted to place Keenan Lewis on IR, either the designated to return variety or the full season one. Apparently Keenan Lewis did not "want" to be placed on IR. Is this decision his, or can the team just place him on IR and be done with it? Tell him to do his rehab, etc or he would not get paid? I know by outright cutting him they get some cap relief, but isn't the decision to place a player on IR the teams decision and not the players?

(I understand the issue that the player might not "want" to go on IR, but the player still gets paid 100% of their contract on IR, correct?)

If the Saints are getting rid of what is widely considered their best corner, or at least most experienced, he is damaged goods. It is a case of a player whose careeras a top flight corner is over and maybe after a half a season he will be well enough to contribute somewhere this season but that will pretty much be it. We needed him bad and didn't let him go on a whim.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom