Concerned about PT/Bell/Bush Situation??? (1 Viewer)

Jizamo311

#1 in da hood G
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread discussing this particular situation that is more than likely going to happen this weekend, so here goes...

PT is supposed to be back this week..Great...But what does this mean for Mike Bell??? I know Payton has said they will "compete for carries", but I do not know how I feel about this....I am not a big fan of RB by committee, but I do think all these guys should get touches....On the other hand, I feel that RB's like PT & Bell need consistent touches to develope a rhythm, and I am worried that neither will be able to get anything going due to the interchanging....and then to top it off we have to get Reggie touches as well......Maybe with our 2 backs ready to roll, we wont even have to let Reggie run b/w the tackles...maybe just split him out wide and send him in motion(where he is most dangerous).

I have faith in the coaching staff to make the best decisions, but I still feel a little uneasy with the situation

Anyway, just my thoughts......Anyone else think that having 3 RB's might cause for some concern???

I think its a good thing.
It keeps them all fresh and prevents injuries.
Bell was looking a little beat up or tired on some of those plays. He did a great job just saying a fresh pair of legs would have helped.

They all do different things. Bell seems like he's become our "sledgehammer"... Reggie is the "speed" guy, and PT can do both (not with Reggie's speed, but you know what I mean ;) ).

Bell wore down last week... could be the fact that he's never gotten that many carries in his career, but to have both he and PT in there pounding the rock, and splitting the carries to keep them fresh... I think its a good situation there.

Reggie will still get his 8-10 carries, but he'll get more touches with swing passes and dump-offs... and punt returns.

We have an OUTSTANDING situation. None of our backs will threaten Adrian Peterson for the rusing title, so let them split the carries to keep each other fresh. Plus... PT is the best pass-protector out of the bunch, so I'm glad he'll be back in the mix.

After the game last week, Bell was saying that he needs to get in better shape because he had to ask for a sub at one point in the game...

It's early in the season but this is the best position at RB we've been in since Sean took over. Deuce was great but he had no power backup. We now have two bruisers that can spell each other.

No. This is a great problem to have. Don't feel sorry that only one person is getting the bulk of the carries. We need to do what is best for this team not for any one player.

Reggie now has two Lendale White, between-the-tackles types to help him out. Hopefully, this will help him produce like he did at USC.

It's definitely not a bad thing.:9:

Not really, as none of these backs are particularly durable, so rotating them around will help keep them healthy, and the more they are rotated in and out, the more competitive they will be for those touches.

Reggie, is the starter and will get carries and receptions.

Bell is the back up and will be the guy who likely carries the load for us if we get a lead.

Pierre will be the emergency guy and will be worked back in slowly. he's missed 3 weeks as Reggie had before his return, so to think he's gonna step in and contribute right away is foolish.

I like the whole thing going on right now. Keeping a player fighting for his position (even if it's not so much fighting for, as it is pushing for plusses) keeps him hungry. Pierre Thomas showed us that last year when he literally came out of nowhere and started blasting off yards. Bell showed us this year when he did the same thing. It always seems to me that once a player gets complacent and comfortable, their big play capability goes south. (It usually takes a couple of years, but....)
I like to see'em with their ears pinned back for the whole season.

Are you people never happy? You complain when we can't run now you complain because we have several guys who can run.
I know it hurts your fantasy teams if Bell and PT each run for 50-60 and bush runs for 20-30 but the truth it it healps the team greatly if we can run for 125yds per game. I don't care who gets the carries or the yards as long as the team i getting respectable rushing yards.

IF we can run the ball effectively there is no way this offense can be stopped.

I could never understand the whole fantasy league thing. I know what it is and all, but damn if I can figure out how to make it work properly.

I suck at those kinda things I guess.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom