Concerned about PT/Bell/Bush Situation??? (1 Viewer)

We need to continue to let Bush carry the ballsome, otherwise defenses will bring in a db to cover him when he comes in, and he doesn't run good enough routes to beT CBs regularly.

Im so angry! God! Of course I'm concerned that we have depth at a position! Payton should be fired! What are we going to do with all these running backs and receivers?

/sarcasm off

Reggie, is the starter and will get carries and receptions.

Bell is the back up and will be the guy who likely carries the load for us if we get a lead.

Pierre will be the emergency guy and will be worked back in slowly. he's missed 3 weeks as Reggie had before his return, so to think he's gonna step in and contribute right away is foolish.

Maybe this week. But I can't imagine this being their plan...

My guess is they go with a New England or New York approach. None of them are good enough to be the only back, but keeping them all fresh and keeping balance is perfect for this team.

Reggie, is the starter and will get carries and receptions.

Bell is the back up and will be the guy who likely carries the load for us if we get a lead.

Pierre will be the emergency guy and will be worked back in slowly. he's missed 3 weeks as Reggie had before his return, so to think he's gonna step in and contribute right away is foolish.

Dude, share! You must have the serious dope!

The only concern here should be on the part of the Eagles. The 2 running backs, PT & MB will share the load with MB getting more carries. Reggie will work the slot and get 5 carries or so.

I didn't see a thread discussing this particular situation that is more than likely going to happen this weekend, so here goes...

PT is supposed to be back this week..Great...But what does this mean for Mike Bell??? I know Payton has said they will "compete for carries", but I do not know how I feel about this....I am not a big fan of RB by committee, but I do think all these guys should get touches....On the other hand, I feel that RB's like PT & Bell need consistent touches to develope a rhythm, and I am worried that neither will be able to get anything going due to the interchanging....and then to top it off we have to get Reggie touches as well......Maybe with our 2 backs ready to roll, we wont even have to let Reggie run b/w the tackles...maybe just split him out wide and send him in motion(where he is most dangerous).

I have faith in the coaching staff to make the best decisions, but I still feel a little uneasy with the situation

Anyway, just my thoughts......Anyone else think that having 3 RB's might cause for some concern???

There is nothing to be concerned about. They all should play and they all can give each other a breather. Each one brings something when they are in the game. This is the best situation at running back we have had for a while now.

I'm concerned about my choice to draft Pierre in the 4th round of my fantasy draft.

I'm also concerned about having both he and Bell and likely having to sit them both as I have no idea how the touches will be distributed.

I'm also concerned that Reggie is going to explode and take 5 touches away from both of them.

I'm even further concerned that my other back, Forte, is playing against the Steelers.... Yes. Very concerned.

I'm concerned about my choice to draft Pierre in the 4th round of my fantasy draft.

I'm also concerned about having both he and Bell and likely having to sit them both as I have no idea how the touches will be distributed.

I'm also concerned that Reggie is going to explode and take 5 touches away from both of them.

I'm even further concerned that my other back, Forte, is playing against the Steelers.... Yes. Very concerned.

When you become a real SAINTS fan your worries will be over

No, not really concerned about the Runningbacks, I am really concerned about Porter and Bushrod being injured...

I didn't see a thread discussing this particular situation that is more than likely going to happen this weekend, so here goes...

PT is supposed to be back this week..Great...But what does this mean for Mike Bell??? I know Payton has said they will "compete for carries", but I do not know how I feel about this....I am not a big fan of RB by committee, but I do think all these guys should get touches....On the other hand, I feel that RB's like PT & Bell need consistent touches to develope a rhythm, and I am worried that neither will be able to get anything going due to the interchanging....and then to top it off we have to get Reggie touches as well......Maybe with our 2 backs ready to roll, we wont even have to let Reggie run b/w the tackles...maybe just split him out wide and send him in motion(where he is most dangerous).

I have faith in the coaching staff to make the best decisions, but I still feel a little uneasy with the situation

Anyway, just my thoughts......Anyone else think that having 3 RB's might cause for some concern???

Well maybe you didn't see what i saw Sunday. I saw Mike Bell huffing and puffing a few times after a two runs. Albeit two very hard runs...with he and pierre i think Pierre gets about 10-15 and bell gets 10-12..with reggie getting about 10...on any given week.( i coun't screens and quick dump offs as hand-offs)

However punt returns are indeed touches. as long as reggie gets about 15 touches a game.....he's good. Somedays bell might get over 15 some games pierre may get over 15...but you wont have to worry about them getting tired@all. If they stay injury free all should be fresh.

Back to my point after bell was seen huffing and puffing...then put back in the game 1play 2 plays later...he would get stuffed on his runs. He wouldn't run as hard as he normally would. Give him a break with 2 pass plays from Drew hand him the ball BOOM he breaks off a 5-6 yard run.

with payton needing to run the ball atleast 25x's a game....as well as seeing that increase if we have big leads. There is more than enough carries to pass around where they can get into a rhythm.

They all do different things. Bell seems like he's become our "sledgehammer"... Reggie is the "speed" guy, and PT can do both (not with Reggie's speed, but you know what I mean ;) ).

Bell wore down last week... could be the fact that he's never gotten that many carries in his career, but to have both he and PT in there pounding the rock, and splitting the carries to keep them fresh... I think its a good situation there.

Reggie will still get his 8-10 carries, but he'll get more touches with swing passes and dump-offs... and punt returns.

We have an OUTSTANDING situation. None of our backs will threaten Adrian Peterson for the rusing title, so let them split the carries to keep each other fresh. Plus... PT is the best pass-protector out of the bunch, so I'm glad he'll be back in the mix.

SMH wish i woulda took the time and just read this first. I could have saved several sentences from meeting their untimely doom.
.....but yeah What he said

I think that Bell will get the most carries, and unless he fumbles or gets overtaken by Thomas, he will be the hot hand

PT, isn't near 100% yet, bring him back easy, leg brace etc.

There was an excellent Thread about this very thing were the OP gave a fairly thorough comprehensive breakdown as to why having 3 RBs of totally different styles is an excellent thing but I can't remember the thread title or the OP.

But I believe this is an excellent "problem" to have. Think of it like this, "what am I gonna do with all of this money?" Great problem to have, right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom