Concerns on Gallette (1 Viewer)

GilFinnerty

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
A lot of optimism on how he will be as 3/4 rush LB. I see a below average to average athlete with a really good first step. Does not play with good power, and has bad closing speed. Even when he quickly beats a OL with his get off, he does not have the speed to close. Im thinking with him standing up, you take away his one NFL standard asset which is his get off with his hand on the ground. We will be caught in a lot of situations where we will have a below average athlete (NFL Standards) trying to play in space.

Hard to argue with anything you just said. This is why we NEED to come away with atleast 1 pass rusher in this draft. Although Galette and Wilson are intriguing I am still not comfortable there. I actually feel more comfortable at DE/NT than I do at OLB.

A lot of optimism on how he will be as 3/4 rush LB. I see a below average to average athlete with a really good first step. Does not play with good power, and has bad closing speed. Even when he quickly beats a OL with his get off, he does not have the speed to close. Im thinking with him standing up, you take away his one NFL standard asset which is his get off with his hand on the ground. We will be caught in a lot of situations where we will have a below average athlete (NFL Standards) trying to play in space.

Regardless we will draft his backup plan, it'll either be someone like dion jordan or jarvis jones in the 1st, or someone like brandon jenkins in the 3rd.

Looking at our roster he may be our best current option, but if he is it will translate to poor performance on the field.

Trust me, we arent switching to a 3-4 without having a backup plan for one of the most positions of the scheme

Hard to argue with anything you just said. This is why we NEED to come away with atleast 1 pass rusher in this draft. Although Galette and Wilson are intriguing I am still not comfortable there. I actually feel more comfortable at DE/NT than I do at OLB.

Folks give Wilson more credit then he deserves imo. He has to see it happen before he reacts. He is not more then a situational player. Poor pre snap determination. Good athlete. Not a good football player

Position needs to be addressed. Conner Barwin is a FA. I know Spencer is available but he is in position to command 10 mil a year. Barwin Should not break the bank

Coaches are gonna figure this out dude. I think SP has got this. They've seen him in practice and on tape for 3 years and know what they have and what they don't.

Only 4.5 sacks last year for Barwin, but 12 the year before. Converted tight end.. Has the size and speed you want for the position and still young. I would target him if i was Mickey. Should be affordable with our cap situation.

Can you name a single position on defense where you are comfortable after last season? I sure can't.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I cant see how 5 prople can "neg rep" you for that. Valid points and in my opinion a good topic for discussion. I also agree with your breakdown of Tez except, I think he has hope with his atheletisim to become a very solid player.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom