Concerns on Gallette (2 Viewers)

Folks give Wilson more credit then he deserves imo. He has to see it happen before he reacts. He is not more then a situational player. Poor pre snap determination. Good athlete. Not a good football player

Agreed. That has been where he has struggled since coming in to the league. Not a very instinctual player. But you point him and tell him 'go' he will get there in a hurry. I forsee him as a situational SILB that can line up outside from time to time. A joker type of player.

Can you name a single position on defense where you are comfortable after last season? I sure can't.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I like Jordans skill set. Hicks will have versatility along the line. Tom Johnsons skill set translates to the scheme well. Lofton and Hawthorne Should be adequate Inside backers. If Smith is in the play, he figures well into the rotation. Bunkley was a great addition last year. He can collapse a gap our hold point of attack. I like Greer in man coverage. Vilma is an asset rotational inside or nickel packages, regardless of the new scheme. And i like the potential of Quaddus. I think we have something work with. Need a pass rusher.

Funny. Pro scouts see just the opposite in Galette. I think I will go with their opinion

"Galette is an undersized defensive end who was projected at outside linebacker in a 3-4 system or defensive end in a 4-3 system. He is a situational player who can bring heat off the edge as a speed rusher. He needs to develop more counter moves for when blockers anticipate his speed and initial quickness. He can get engulfed by big linemen once they get their hands on him. He still has a ways to go but is a gifted athlete who should continue to develop."

Can you name a single position on defense where you are comfortable after last season? I sure can't.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I'm completely comfortable with our front 3 and depth at DE. Comfortable with our ILB's, if Vilma is starting I'd be concerned but frankly until he takes a pay cut I'm not convinced. I'm even comfortable with Galette at WOLB. I am slightly concerned how standing in a 2 point stance will effect his explosion off the snap but other than that the concerns of the OP are way overblown. He plays with good power, it's not like he gets blown off the ball like Wilson does. His closing speed is fine although not great. In terms of switching defenses with base personnel I think we're in great shape.

SOLB is my only concern in terms of a starter in the front 7 because I'm not sold on Wilson but if we could sign a guy like Butler in FA and draft an OLB in the first to provide competition and depth I think we are great.

Our secondary is a mess but that's a different conversation. I'm just praying moving back to man coverage will benifit Greer and Robinson.

A lot of optimism on how he will be as 3/4 rush LB. I see a below average to average athlete with a really good first step. Does not play with good power, and has bad closing speed. Even when he quickly beats a OL with his get off, he does not have the speed to close. Im thinking with him standing up, you take away his one NFL standard asset which is his get off with his hand on the ground. We will be caught in a lot of situations where we will have a below average athlete (NFL Standards) trying to play in space.
i'm sorry, who are you again? you probably need to make sure SP, ML, and RR are aware of your insights

i'm sorry, who are you again? you probably need to make sure SP, ML, and RR are aware of your insights

Like no one else on here expressess their thoughts. Pardon me, but I think thats what fans do. since when do we jump all over someone for having thoughts about a player...Good or Bad!!

I'm just repeating what has been said already but regardless of projections on how Galette and Wilson will fare, FO would not act responsibly if they did not sign a couple of OLB's that have played in the system before.

The OP makes good points, he doesn't have real good closing speed which may affect his sack numbers - he does get good pressure though, and that shouldn't be forgotten. Not saying Galette won't work over there, but he gave a good eval of some potential problems. Good post IMO.

Coaches are gonna figure this out dude. I think SP has got this. They've seen him in practice and on tape for 3 years and know what they have and what they don't.

If that is so why do so many think that Jenkins should be a CB? No coach we have had seems to think so.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Folks give Wilson more credit then he deserves imo. He has to see it happen before he reacts. He is not more then a situational player. Poor pre snap determination. Good athlete. Not a good football player

I think that 1-gap works in his favor though. You can just tell him...dummy cover the strong side A gap and if it isn't a run up the A gap either blitz or drop back into your zone for coverage. I think that SILB will work to his strengths. WILB would require two gap coverage which he is NOT ready for. SOLB would work against him because though he could probably anchor the strong side...he is unproven in man coverage against TEs and isn't a strong blitzer from the outside. His hips are too tight and has trouble running the arch.

I am not sure that Galette will make a great WOLB...but at least it does put him in a position to thrive. He is the best pass rusher on the team. I think that he will anchor better as a 3-4 defender and will be decent at dropping into small area zones (which fits the job subscription). I do question his strength and closing speed as a pass rusher. He has a nice burst off the line...but that often only translates into QB pressures because he lacks closing speed. Hopefully the Saints can bring in another legit pass rush threat to play SOLB so that will open things up more for Galette. Otherwise there is no doubt in my mind that a FB and OT will probably be able to handle Galette.

Like no one else on here expressess their thoughts. Pardon me, but I think thats what fans do. since when do we jump all over someone for having thoughts about a player...Good or Bad!!

Thanks for understanding what the threads about,,Surprised at the negative comments.

This is one of the reasons I don't think Jenkins would be best suited for CB.

Me too. If he had been anything close to a corner one pf the multiple coaches that have watched him play and practice would have seen it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

The OP makes good points, he doesn't have real good closing speed which may affect his sack numbers - he does get good pressure though, and that shouldn't be forgotten. Not saying Galette won't work over there, but he gave a good eval of some potential problems. Good post IMO.

Your right, he does generate a lot of pressure. Because of his top notch get off. Im looking at his overall athleticism and i dont think it will translate standing up. Without his first step get off, he is not good enough to be in the league. He may still have it though. We have not seen him do it with us our at Temple. If he does we have a rotational player. He is a guy we dont want playing in space,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom