Condensed Offseason Questions (1 Viewer)

I think you can add Terron Armstead onto the list of re-structures/extensions.

Personally, I’d place the transition tag on Vonn Bell and let the market dictate his value. If someone goes all in to sign him away, then the Saints can either choose to match or let him walk.

I think Grant Delpit will be there at 24, and if Bell leaves, he’s the man

I'd love Delpit in New Orleans. He's sort of a tweener FS-SS like Bell has become. Combine that with the SS-SCB we have in Chauncey, and that makes Marcus Williams expendable next year.

What sells Bell for me is that he's grown into a do-it-all safety. Dennis Allen's scheme needs 2 safeties that are almost interchangeable to disguise coverages.

As for Armstead, I agree, he's due an extension and locking him up for a few more years would be ideal, especially if it helps alleviate our cap situation. But I'm on the fence on whether or not this year is the year to do it. I guess, if it came down to it, I'd extend him this season. But it would be awesome to have that option next year.

I'd love Delpit in New Orleans. He's sort of a tweener FS-SS like Bell has become. Combine that with the SS-SCB we have in Chauncey, and that makes Marcus Williams expendable next year.

What sells Bell for me is that he's grown into a do-it-all safety. Dennis Allen's scheme needs 2 safeties that are almost interchangeable to disguise coverages.

As for Armstead, I agree, he's due an extension and locking him up for a few more years would be ideal, especially if it helps alleviate our cap situation. But I'm on the fence on whether or not this year is the year to do it. I guess, if it came down to it, I'd extend him this season. But it would be awesome to have that option next year.

I love Armstead. The guy is a warrior and he’s elite when healthy. He’s 2nd only to Willie Roaf when it comes to best Saints LT of all-time. The Saints need to lock him up for another 3 years or so.

6. Klein... if he doesn't receive starter money elsewhere, I'd like to see us re-sign him at approx. half what we paid him last time.
I don't think that will be possible.

There's already rumblings in Carolina land that they are ready to give Klein a multi year, starting level offer when Free agency opens. Since they have a massive hole at Mike LB with Keuchly retiring, and Klein was Luke's back-up before coming here; and improving his game since then.

Klein is a guy you would like to keep as depth if affordable, but I'm betting there are Linebacker needy teams that are going to throw competitive offers his way. Mainly Carolina, Green Bay (probably letting Blake Martinez walk) and Baltimore. (really need Help at Linebacker)

Marcus Williams has better range than any of those guys, including Delpit... but he’s so wildly inconsistent.

For all of the things Bell does really well, and there are many... he’s just not very good in coverage. He gets beat consistently in man coverage. I think Gardner-Johnson can be everything Bell is and more. Delpit is good enough at SS, that he could hold CJGJ in his current Nickel DB role that he thrives in.

Still though... I’m really hoping the Saints can land Kenneth Murray at 24. I think he’s going to be a stud LB. WR is so deep that they could still get a good one in round 3.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom