N/S Conference Championship Sunday (1 Viewer)

After watching the Chiefs/Bengals game yesterday no doubt in my mind the NFL was going to make sure the Chiefs won that game.

Yeah, Cincy has to improve their OL this offseson. They're bottom 5. If they were even middle of the road, the game wouldn't have been close. Cincy gets 30+ points with a better OL.
Even if they do decide to improve their O-line, and I'm sure they'll make some genuine attempts to overall, Cincy's not this huge-market team where they can afford or be able to pay to attract better FA O-lineman while also trying to retain their potent offense and the deadly trio of possession WR's in Boyd, Higgins, and Chase while also negotiating a huge, $150 million dollar contract extension that is not too far behind for Burrow. They won't be able to retain all of those great players on both sides of the ball, there's going to be some serious cap casualties and likely a few big names are going to depart. Cincinnati doesn't have the mass, enormous budgets larger-market teams like Dallas, Miami and New York enjoys and if Mike Brown does tinker with the teams' roster significantly to the point where it damages or negatively dilutes on-field chemistry, bonds, repore and committments, the team's chances for long-term success could be impacted adversely.

We're talking about a team and an organization, Dave, that is so cheap, it doesn't even have an indoor training practice facility plus the added bonus that a good portion of ex-Bengals players like Corey Dillon, Carson Palmer, and James Harrison have sharply criticized, sued or prematurely threatened to retire or did retire or held out, like Dillon, until they were traded away to better, more competitive teams. Corey Dillon once infamously said that that he'd rather "flip burgers then play for Bengals or Mike Brown". Carson Palmer remarked about 15 years later that Mike Brown is one of the most " stubborn, stubborn, bullheaded men he's ever met" but the only way he won out in the end was because he managed to be more stubborn then him.

Even if they do decide to improve their O-line, and I'm sure they'll make some genuine attempts to overall, Cincy's not this huge-market team where they can afford or be able to pay to attract better FA O-lineman while also trying to retain their potent offense and the deadly trio of possession WR's in Boyd, Higgins, and Chase while also negotiating a huge, $150 million dollar contract extension that is not too far behind for Burrow. They won't be able to retain all of those great players on both sides of the ball, there's going to be some serious cap casualties and likely a few big names are going to depart. Cincinnati doesn't have the mass, enormous budgets larger-market teams like Dallas, Miami and New York enjoys and if Mike Brown does tinker with the teams' roster significantly to the point where it damages or negatively dilutes on-field chemistry, bonds, repore and committments, the team's chances for long-term success could be impacted adversely.

We're talking about a team and an organization, Dave, that is so cheap, it doesn't even have an indoor training practice facility plus the added bonus that a good portion of ex-Bengals players like Corey Dillon, Carson Palmer, and James Harrison have sharply criticized, sued or prematurely threatened to retire or did retire or held out, like Dillon, until they were traded away to better, more competitive teams. Corey Dillon once infamously said that that he'd rather "flip burgers then play for Bengals or Mike Brown". Carson Palmer remarked about 15 years later that Mike Brown is one of the most " stubborn, stubborn, bullheaded men he's ever met" but the only way he won out in the end was because he managed to be more stubborn then him.
Great analysis. Just one thing. The Bengals got an indoor practice facility this season. Now it's only the two LA teams and SF who don't have such a facility, and IMHO, unless climate changes a lot in LA and SF, they don't really need it.

Next time some pundit with any sort of reputation spouts off about the ref's, remember, the owners have decided multiple times to keep the status-quo in place. The owners could have put an emphasis at any of the plethora of league meetings during the year to demand better quality refereeing at games and began pushing measures to improve. They chose to keep Goodell's ineptitude in place. There is 0 accountability from the owners, it's just give me profits and mines and to hell with the integrity of the game and the fans who invest in this.

After watching the Chiefs/Bengals game yesterday no doubt in my mind the NFL was going to make sure the Chiefs won that game.
I believe in incompetence, I don't believe in this. If it was rigged/preordained, the refs would not have taken a KC touchdown off the board when it was 3-0 (KC only ended up w/ a field goal after the penalty) nor would they have taken away a KC INT with a DPI call in the 1st half (it was the correct call, but Saints fans of all people should know refs sometimes don't call even the most obvious DPIs).

You were/are very wrong. This overrated team was not about to roll into philly, and beat a team better than them.

What was purdy doing before he got hurt? You want to know why purdy got hurt? That vicious pass rush i warned you about is why.

The better team is winning right now.

More like the refs are actually calling san fran for stuff.

Can we also say the cowboys would have beat the niners,had they not injured pollard?
See you in two weeks when they lose the SB.

See you in two weeks when they lose the SB.
It really doesnt matter. I wouldn't be mad with a chiefs win at all, i'm rooting for the chiefs.I Would be ok with either team wining the superbowl, so it's a win win situation for me. Sorry to disappoint you. 🤣.

I'm just glad the trash 9ers are an afterthought.

Last edited:
It really doesnt matter. I wouldn't be mad with a chiefs win at all, i'm rooting for the chiefs.I Would be ok with either team wining the superbowl, so it's a win win situation for me. Sorry to disappoint you. 🤣.

I'm just glad the trash 9ers are an afterthought.
You aren’t disappointing me, believe me. Lol.

You seemed to have thought i was pulling for the eagles in the superbowl. The eagles had one job to do, and they did it.

Whatever happens from here own out happens. I just hope that your prediction is right this time around.
Nope. I’m just saying they aren’t the super team people think. I think the may have beaten the Bengals, but I don’t think they will beat the Chiefs. As long as the Bucs and Cowboys lost, I didn’t care who won.

Nope. I’m just saying they aren’t the super team people think. I think the may have beaten the Bengals, but I don’t think they will beat the Chiefs. As long as the Bucs and Cowboys lost, I didn’t care who won.

We could be wrong,but i dont think any NFC team would beat a healthy chiefs team, or a bengals team with a decent o line.

The chiefs are pretty banged up, so i would not be suprised if the eagles win this game. If they can get healthier i give them the edge.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom