Confessions of a Motel Maid (1 Viewer)

Luckily, I've never had any bad stories anywhere other than a room not being clean enough - and by that I mean a long black hair in the shower/tub and evidence of the carpets not being thoroughly vacuumed.

One thing I do especially when traveling alone and keeping stuff in the safe is to take a date/time stamped photo of the contents of the safe each time I put something in/take it out as well as each day. It's proof of what is in there.

Also regarding the safe, it it's one where you enter the code on a keypad, always take and wipe the keys down so there are no fingerprints on the keys. It's a four-digit code and only so many combinations to use those numbers. And never chose 1111 or 1234 or something like that.

Luckily, I've never had any bad stories anywhere other than a room not being clean enough - and by that I mean a long black hair in the shower/tub and evidence of the carpets not being thoroughly vacuumed.

One thing I do especially when traveling alone and keeping stuff in the safe is to take a date/time stamped photo of the contents of the safe each time I put something in/take it out as well as each day. It's proof of what is in there.

Also regarding the safe, it it's one where you enter the code on a keypad, always take and wipe the keys down so there are no fingerprints on the keys. It's a four-digit code and only so many combinations to use those numbers. And never chose 1111 or 1234 or something like that.
10,000 possibilities :)

Another good advice when it comes to the hotel in room safe is --- Try to lift it ....

I've been to hotels - some pretty decent and expensive ones too, where the safe was just placed on a shelf in the closet and NOT bolted down or anything. Some of them did not weigh more than they could easily be removed or exchanged for a similar safe....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom