Confidence In The Allen Regime Winning A Super Bowl (1 Viewer)

How Confident Are You In the Saints getting the second championship?

• This season

Votes: 40 29.2%
  • Within 2-5

Votes: 78 56.9%
  • Within 5-10

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Preparing For Another four decade drought

Votes: 15 10.9%

• Total voters

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
With Allen’s first preseason game as the new Saints coach five weeks away, how confident are you about when or if he can bring the second Lombardi to the Saints?

With Allen’s first preseason game as the new Saints coach in about a month, how confident are you about when or if he can bring the second Lombardi to the Saints?
That's a tough question and it's tough to get to the big game.

I have confidence in the staff and Dennis Allen. He's shown to be a smart and adaptable coach who's able to learn from his mistakes.

With Allen’s first preseason game as the new Saints coach five weeks away, how confident are you about when or if he can bring the second Lombardi to the Saints?
I feel if it’s going to happen it’s going to have to happen in the next 2 years. Maybe 3, I’m not sure in terms of salary cap but I have to think with the roster we have, it’s going to have to be within the window of this current talent.

In a few years team we may have to reload again. The bad news is that we got to see how Winston handles a full season off of injury and if he can still be same player, the good news, is I think he has a tremendous set of weapons that Brees didn’t the last few seasons. Defensively I think we are extremely
Stacked and really excited to see Werner take that next step.

So all things considered we are in position here and have a window. But it is going to be in the next few years.

My feel at this point is that our best chance is sooner than later. Allen inherited the solid nucleus of the previous regime with significant talent. That being said, I'm optimistic about future Saint rosters via draft and free agency because of a strong organization (Loomis et al). Of course, speculation across the board. - the eternal optimist

I’m actually pretty confident he’s gonna win one. When is the question.

I voted this season, but it all depends on Winston and how he performs and if he stays healthy. Just my two cents. This teams is built for it now. The defense has increased the overall talent and should perform at the same if not higher level than last year. The offense is also better now than last year. Much better. Even if something happens with Winston, there is a better backup in place than last year. I do believe that the team needs to add a capable running back - just in case.

I honestly have a similar level of confidence to what I had in Sean winning a second title - possibly a little more.

Sean built this franchise into a winner with a respected locker room and solid management. However it wasn’t a smooth journey.

Following 2015, the addition of Jeff Ireland helped carve a path for Sean to right the ship and make us one of the winningest franchises in the league the past 5 seasons. However, we didn’t win another title - we didn’t even make it back to the big game. Some of that is because we were screwed - which I attribute to Payton’s contentious relationship with Goodell and league brass.

But outside of the robbery of 2018, the 2019 teams was very good as well and laid an egg in the playoffs, the same can be said about the 2020 team.

So, I think just removing the negative relationship of Payton and the league from the franchise gives us some slight bump up in our ability to win a title.

Also curious to see if Allen brings a different edge to the team. Not better - just different.

We have a solid franchise and solid management and of course, solid talent. Allen is in a great spot. If he doesn’t blow it up I think he’s got a great shot at a title.

My confidence is high, but I'll have to see the team play before I know if it's warranted.

My confidence lies more with this roster and upper management at this time. I think this team has all the pieces to be the scariest in the league this season. Will that come to pass?? Thats the question. If it doesn't, its going to reflect all back to the head coach. If we fielding an injury plagued team again this season, it makes that evaluation almost impossible really..

I say we will just wait and see. But if I had to answer now, I just don't see it happening. Not going THAT far as to WIN the Super Bowl

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom