Congrats to Carl Granderson (1 Viewer)

without getting into the trial, can somebody speak on him?

like why was he a UDFA, did he ball out so much in minicamp that coaches decided they needed to keep a spot for him
what was he like in college?

like why was he a UDFA, did he ball out so much in minicamp that coaches decided they needed to keep a spot for him
He had talent to be drafted, but that law suit scared everyone away. Now here we are with a legit NFL end on an UDFA contract.

Well, you have to speak of his legal issues if he is mentioned. From my understanding: he was charged with 3rd degree sexual assault on two females - touching them inappropriately in his apartment. He plead 'Not Guilty" and was about to go to trial, when the State of Wyoming said, if you plead guilty, we will just give you community service, a short probation and you don't have to register as a sex offender. Fair enough, he changed his plea to guilty to avoid a lengthy trial. By this time, I think he had signed with the Saints. The judge however, threw out his plea deal and sentenced him to 6 months. Doesn't seem fair and neither did the Appeals Court think so either which overturned the judges original sentence and let him go. He is still on short probation and the State of Louisiana had to approve the deal.

I don't pretend to know what actually happened. Did he touch the girls in his apartment? Probably so. Was it consensual? Who knows these days.

As I understand it, Granderson and both gals were all sleeping together. He was caught trying to reach into the cookie jar, and the cookie jar was relocated from the countertop to the pantry. He tried reaching into the cookie jar again, and struck out again.

Basically, it sounds like it could have happened to just about any young dude who really likes cookies, especially when said cookies were right up in his face. It seems that the kid has been through enough for whatever he may have done that was inappropriate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom