Congrats to Kenner's Shan Foster (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Bonnabel's Shan Foster finished his regular season career at Vanderbilt with a 42 point performance on Senior night, including 9 three pointers as the #16 Commodores had to rally behind Foster's shooting to beat the #25 MSU Bulldogs and remain undefeated at home this year.

"You can't say anything else about it. He jumped up in a stressful situation and made shots. Absolutely nothing else I would have done different, and absolutely nothing else I could have done. He jumped up and made 30-footers with someone in his face," [MSU Coach] Stansbury said.

"He jumped up in those situations and made shots. It was him. Forty-two points," he said.

Foster was proud, if not amazed by the evening:
"This is the first game I hit nine 3s. To hit nine in a row, that blows my mind," Foster said. "I mean there's a big difference between hitting nine in shooting practice with Red [Alex Gordon] when we're challenging each other and hitting nine in a row with the other team trying with everything in them to stop you from shooting the ball ... that amazed me. That was crazy."
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=280650238

Vandy finished the season 25-5 and hopes that Foster can lead them to SEC tournament success, a top 5 seed in the NCAA and improve upon last year's Sweet 16 performance. Congrats Shan Foster- you've had a fantastic college career.

Reaction score
I went to middle school and high school with Shan and knew he would be something special. He was also very smart. He told me he wanted to be an accountant. I think he would rather be a pro basketball player now.

I think he should be the SEC player of the year. He was in the top 3 in league scoring the entire year(only LSU's Marcus Thornton and SC's Devan Downey have held the title other than Shan at points this year). But the thing that is so staggering is that he shoots OVER 50% FROM BEYOND THE 3-PT LINE at home.

Makes me proud to be a Roosevelt Rough Rider and Bonnabel Bruin.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom