Congrats to the 49ers for making the playoffs... (1 Viewer)

Can’t stand all the teams other than the cardinals.

But 9ners, rams, etc have a more complete team than us.

Heck they have guys on the roster that can catch balls each week.

I hate both of them. Respect is different. Just showing some respect. I realize that everyone is upset, but I've seen worse times in my 40 years as a Saints fan.

I'm not upset at all. In fact, I have a better outlook for next year than I have since 10.

We have all the pieces and a team that can win against anyone even through unimaginable and unprecedented adversity and that comes from the culture created by our coach, GM and ownership.

Rams saw Siemien would be starting next week and decided to tank rather then have to face him.
Unfortunately for them that isn’t the case. Stafford is seeing ghosts and their play caller refuses to acknowledge it so keeps calling long developing pass plays that they can’t block. Stafford is also a gambler/bad decision maker, he had a guy open for a 4 yard gain and decided to try to chuck it to OBJ knowing he had a hurt leg which resulted in a lame duck pass that was easily intercepted.

Congratulate the 49ers?....

no-i-dont-think.gif

They were in position to control their own destiny and got it done. It was amazing that the Saints were ever in position to make the postseason. Lots of work to do in the off-season - solidify an already great defense and get some offensive help for Kamara, and hopefully MT...GEAUX SAINTS!
Never congratulate the enemy. Period!

I wanted to pass by earlier in the week to talk about both our games, Rams and yall vs the Falcons. There was a thread that mentioned the 49ers and Saints. But decided not to, just to not mess with any positive thinking yall had all week going into this weekend.

Yall did your job today. I have to say as much as I don't like Sean Payton, he's pulled some crazy stuff to get yall this close to the playoffs... with losing your Starting QB halfway through, to hell even doing well with Jameis at QB in the first place.

Again, Sean's Saints did their part today..won their game, even after once again losing his starter. There were many scenarios where my 9ers should have lost this game today... but that didn't happen, and we won. I'm not gonna be in denial. I still don't trust Jimmy. Didn't trust him before this game... hell didn't trust him before this season started.

I only speak for myself, but I'm glad we are moving on from him. He's good... but he's inconsistent... he's consistent at being inconsistent. I don't care how many wins he eventually gets, after putting us into holes.. my heart/health can't take these unnecessary close games.

If Sean can get Jimmy to play smarter, he would be a hell of a player for yall.. but i wouldn't want him if I were the Saints... yall already deal with Jameis.

So yall got knocked out, but the future should be bright for yall. There is a good chance a number of good proven QBs are going to be available this offseason... from Russell Wilson to Deshaun Watson (if he does beat his charges, and ownership doesn't mind taking the heat)...Maybe Derek Carr...maybe Kirk Cousins..etc

If I were Sean, I wouldn't settle for a middle of the road QB like Teddy Bridgewater, even though I suspect yall will bring him back....or Jameis again. This is the offseason to cash in on a legit starting QB. DO WHAT EVER YOU HAVE TO DO! Starting QBs are not supposed to be available in this league. Usually it happens because of bad blood with the FO, or a team finding something better.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom