Congrats (1 Viewer)

As great as the Saints defense played Sunday, that's how badly the Bucs defense played Saturday.

That's the difference in these 2 teams.

And it's a huge advantage in favor of the Saints.
There is no way in Hades a 4th string QB from Old Dominion should put up almost 300 yards of passing and made that a close game against Tampa. Also D.C is very deficient in skilled offensive personnel

Thanks for the kind words.

A lot of us have watched the Bucs closely and noticed the improvements. I also think it’s safe to say that second game was a one-off, given how much zone you guys played and Marpet being out, Brown being new, etc.

I still hope we take a 100-0 lead in the first quarter and never look back, so I can’t say “here’s hoping for a good game” or anything like that. But I wish you good health and a happy life in everything except your pro football rooting interests, lol.

I hear ya bro! We had a few games this season where it felt like we went up by 100 early and it sure is a lot less stress! But I have a feeling this game will be tighter. Time will tell, but either way I'm gonna need some meds!!!

As a lifelong Buc fan, I just wanted to congratulate The Saints and their fans for a great season and division title! As for all the predictions that The Bucs will win that's just crazy! The Saints are the Champs and deserve nothing but respect until we knock them off. Don't get it twisted, I don't like The Saints, but I respect them as a team. I will only offer the Saints fans this. The Bucs are NOT the same team you played before. They have gotten better as the season has progressed and they are coming with a lot of confidence. Whether they are ready to beat the Saints remains to be seen, but they WILL continue to improve over the next year. But for now, all respect goes to the Saints!

Skull fricking the Lions and Falcons doesn’t mean they’re a different team

The Bucs are NOT the same team you played before. They have gotten better as the season has progressed...

The Bucs defense has NOT improved as their season progressed.

but they WILL continue to improve over the next year.

This assumes the wheels do not fall off your QB who will be 44 next season. That's a very big assumption.

Let me guess.. They are not the same team over the past 5 weeks...? The weeks they played the 29th, 27th, 29th, and 32nd defenses? Reality check comes Sunday.

Most of us Buc fans won't need a reality check. We're smart enough to know that the Saints are years ahead of us when it comes time playing together as a team.
We're also smart enough to know that the playoffs are a different season and stats mean nothing. I'm wondering when you guys got knocked out of the playoffs at home a couple times, how well did stats help you then? For me, the only thing that matters now is that the Saints are "king of the hill" and will stay that way till they aren't. The length of your reign is yet to be determined, but until then, "all due respect".

Touche my opponent. Kind words indeed.

This is going to be a battle, I know it going in. Regular season victories mean squat right now. Your team is more than capable we all know that there is no lack of respect here either. I dont want you to win the karma battle with all those kind words haha I see what your doing you sly dog. lol

And about TB not being the same team, that slogan reached nausea level 24 hours after we beat Chicago, so yeah we got the memo lol

I know one thing , this game better not come down to a Lutz field goal or someone is going to have to put me on oxygen

Most of us Buc fans won't need a reality check. We're smart enough to know that the Saints are years ahead of us when it comes time playing together as a team.
We're also smart enough to know that the playoffs are a different season and stats mean nothing. I'm wondering when you guys got knocked out of the playoffs at home a couple times, how well did stats help you then? For me, the only thing that matters now is that the Saints are "king of the hill" and will stay that way till they aren't. The length of your reign is yet to be determined, but until then, "all due respect".

Your original post and this one were very fair.

Saints fans are just a little tired of hearing “the Bucs are a different team,” even if it’s true. Mostly because it feels like it is dismissing their first two wins.

I know you didn’t mean it that way. But I think hearing it from all the national “experts” has made Saints fans a little tired. Hopefully it’s making the players feel the same way, lol.

You guys are dangerous. I was hoping you’d play Green Bay because I thought you could give them fits.

But I think a lot of the responses to your OP are because people are tired of hearing the narratives about “the Bucs are different!” and “it’s hard to beat a team three times!” even if the first point is true.

One guy nobody on this forum is talking about is Cameron Brate. He had a nice game against Washington averaging 20 yards per catch, while Gronk was apparently tasked with blocking all game. He's someone to watch out for since our team has historically had issues with opposing teams Tight Ends, and I don't think we've seen much of him at all this season.

One guy nobody on this forum is talking about is Cameron Brate. He had a nice game against Washington averaging 20 yards per catch, while Gronk was apparently tasked with blocking all game. He's someone to watch out for since our team has historically had issues with opposing teams Tight Ends, and I don't think we've seen much of him at all this season.

Yeah, Jenkins played Gronk in the second matchup. It may be smart to have him eye Brate this time around.

The Bucs defense has NOT improved as their season progressed.

Didn't know we need to! The Bucs only gave up 18 more points than the Saints all season! In fact, the Saints and Bucs are #3 and #4 respectively, in the league in points allowed! The Bucs have been #1 verses the run for two years now and we did it most of this year without our top run stuffer in Vita Vea.

This assumes the wheels do not fall off your QB who will be 44 next season. That's a very big assumption.

You think the only way we can improve is with our 44 year old QB? That too is a mighty big assumption! There ARE 10 other really good starters and that many more really good backups!

Believe me.. As a Saints fan we know all too well what "any given Sunday" means. Hell.. We lost to the Raiders and Eagles. But any time an opposing team's fan comes on our board quoting what the media has fed them.. I tend to bristle.

Last edited:
You think the only way we can improve is with our 44 year old QB? That too is a mighty big assumption! There ARE 10 other really good starters and that many more really good backups!

You'll probably lose your DC. No way AB makes it a full season next year. And I don't think your Head Coach is going the be around more than another season or two. You also have guys like Suh, Pierre-Paul, and Gronk starting on your team. The Bucs are in a win now mode, that much has been apparent from the start of the season. I wouldn't be so rosy about next year if y'all don't win it all this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom