Congratulations to Chris Ivory [Merged] (1 Viewer)

sportsaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Chris Ivory running for over 100 yards against the Pats!In this overtime possesion they've done nothing but run him up the middle, off tackle... Good for him!

Congratulations to Chris Ivory

Running in typical beast mode today, he was a major weapon in closing out the game against the game against the Patriots. Good on you, man. Enjoy that win.

34 carries for 104 yards averaging 3.1 ypc isn't exactly "beast mode." Let's keep things in perspective.

He moved the chains when they needed him to right?

Did he? Idk, I only watched the last few plays of OT. I saw he didn't get the yards to give them a 1st down, so NY had to attempt a ridiculously long FG because Ivory didn't move the chains. Then, he didn't move them again after the personal foul against NE that gave them the 1st down. So, Idk man, you tell me.

34 carries for 104 yards averaging 3.1 ypc isn't exactly "beast mode." Let's keep things in perspective.
Ivory RAN HARD BROKE MULTIPLE TACKLES unlike somebody who name im not gon even mention, sometimes its not all about stats its a team game dude.

Ivory RAN HARD BROKE MULTIPLE TACKLES unlike somebody who name im not gon even mention, sometimes its not all about stats its a team game dude.

He did run hard, and glad to see he got 30+ carries, but beast mode is that run against Atlanta. I think that's the point he was making.

I have no doubt that he ran hard and broke multiple tackles, but that doesn't change the fact that 3.1 yards per carry is BAD. He only got 104 yards because he got so many touches. Moreover, when the game mattered most, he didn't get the necessary yards to win. They lucked into a penalty, and Ivory got a chance to redeem himself, which he blew again.

I'm not hating on Ivory. I'm just keeping things in perspective for those on this board who love him blindly. I actually like Ivory a lot, and I wish him all the best in NY, but I wouldn't say this was a "good" game for him. Almost any back in this league could get 100+ yards with over 30+ carries.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom