Congratulations to Teddy Bridgewater ! (1 Viewer)

bridgewater is a checkdown charlie.. he cant threaten any defense deep. he is destined to be a gamemanager
In 5 games as a Saints starter Bridgewater averaged 241 yards a game.
In 5 games as a Saints starter Winston has averaged 178 yards per game.
So.....

bridgewater is a checkdown charlie.. he cant threaten any defense deep. he is destined to be a gamemanager
Well the last 2 seasons here Brees was a $20M+ checkdown charlie...TB would work perfectly for apparently how CSP wants to call his bland offense as of late, 30-35 short low risk passes a game, w/ an occasional shot over the top....TB can take care of a football how Sean wants to with minimal TO risk.

I say bring TB back after Denver tosses him aside.

To quote TB "I'm a survivor, put me in the jungle with nothing and I'll come out with a fur coat and headband made from leaves" - gotta love this dude

I don't know why it's hard for some to accept that this is who Bridgewater is. When this thread was made, I said to hold on. Sure enough, he's gone 0-3 since then and has looked really bad doing it.

He's a great guy but an average-at-best QB. Winston's ceiling is far higher and noway would I trade him for Bridgewater if we had the chance. And if Winston doesn't work out, you draft someone. You don't tread that old ground.

In 5 games as a Saints starter Bridgewater averaged 241 yards a game.
In 5 games as a Saints starter Winston has averaged 178 yards per game.
So.....
Not marking excuses. But bridgewater had a healthy MT, Ted Ginn and Jared cook.

That’s way better than Callaway, Harris, trautman.

Once MT and TS come back. I expect JW numbers To go up

I don't know why it's hard for some to accept that this is who Bridgewater is. When this thread was made, I said to hold on. Sure enough, he's gone 0-3 since then and has looked really bad doing it.

He's a great guy but an average-at-best QB. Winston's ceiling is far higher and noway would I trade him for Bridgewater if we had the chance. And if Winston doesn't work out, you draft someone. You don't tread that old ground.
Agreed that he's an average QB, that also means he's a starter in this league. And drafting a QB, hell...that's what Denver did, and that drafted QB is riding the pine because he couldn't win out.

Drafting a QB high doesn't guarantee success, QBs need to be groomed and brought on slowly, every so often a generational talent like Brady, Brees, Mahommes, Jackson and Allen come along, but there are way more Mich Trubisky(ies) & Jamarcus Russels that come along to fill in the gap...the rest, end up having solid, not Hall of Fame worthy careers, and may even get a SB or two if surrounded by the right team. Teddy falls into that latter category, and I think NOLA was that situation for him.

You ever think that maybe there's a reason for that besides Payton just holding Winston back?
nope...Sean is afraid of turnovers, but he's also being overractionary on trimming TOs...every QB in the league throws INTs, but it always seems that with JW every incompletion and INT feels like a bench worthy offense.

Not marking excuses. But bridgewater had a healthy MT, Ted Ginn and Jared cook.

That’s way better than Callaway, Harris, trautman.

Once MT and TS come back. I expect JW numbers To go up
You saved me the time to type this exact reply. The rosters were night and day in terms of talent. If TB had what Jameis is currently working with, he’d consistently put up sub 150 yd totals a game. Jameis is working with much of nothing at most of our skills positions.

Well the last 2 seasons here Brees was a $20M+ checkdown charlie...TB would work perfectly for apparently how CSP wants to call his bland offense as of late, 30-35 short low risk passes a game, w/ an occasional shot over the top....TB can take care of a football how Sean wants to with minimal TO risk.

I say bring TB back after Denver tosses him aside.

To quote TB "I'm a survivor, put me in the jungle with nothing and I'll come out with a fur coat and headband made from leaves" - gotta love this dude

After starting out hot, bridgewater is looking like he has regressed. Not sure if it’s an injury he is playing with or what

I think there needs to be a discussion of QB tiers because Teddy's ceiling is the Tanehill/Cousins range. They are not "elite" but if you put the right weapons and top defense around them you can be a playoff team. The Titans are all about Henry and Vikings are a defensive team with elite receivers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom