Congratulations to Teddy Bridgewater ! (1 Viewer)

I don't know why it's hard for some to accept that this is who Bridgewater is. When this thread was made, I said to hold on. Sure enough, he's gone 0-3 since then and has looked really bad doing it.

He's a great guy but an average-at-best QB. Winston's ceiling is far higher and noway would I trade him for Bridgewater if we had the chance. And if Winston doesn't work out, you draft someone. You don't tread that old ground.
That's putting it nicely. He's bad.

I don't know why it's hard for some to accept that this is who Bridgewater is. When this thread was made, I said to hold on. Sure enough, he's gone 0-3 since then and has looked really bad doing it.

He's a great guy but an average-at-best QB. Winston's ceiling is far higher and noway would I trade him for Bridgewater if we had the chance. And if Winston doesn't work out, you draft someone. You don't tread that old ground.
Yeah, Winston no doubt has a higher ceiling. I think the jury is still out on whether he'll be the long term answer, but I do hope he will be.

You ever think that maybe there's a reason for that besides Payton just holding Winston back?
Might have done some analytics to show the kinds of throws and situations where Winston's turnovers come in bunches, so you design an offense that minimizes those situations. Then you continue to work with him to get improvement. Pick moments to phase out the training wheels based on observation in practice and game situations.

We think we know, but....

To me if that is Payton's that approach then that is smart.

nope...Sean is afraid of turnovers, but he's also being overractionary on trimming TOs...every QB in the league throws INTs, but it always seems that with JW every incompletion and INT feels like a bench worthy offense.

I don't think turnovers is the issue. Sean Payton's offense has worked with everywhere he's been. There are still parts of Payton's offense that Jameis isn't hitting on. The short and intermediate stuff has largely been missing. Kamara has largely been absent in the passing game. There are things Winston needs to get better at before we see the efficiency the Saints had with Drew. Right now, if Jameis doesn't hit on big plays, the Saints lose. They don't currently have the ability to go on long sustained drives like we're use to seeing. Part of that is on the receivers, but not all of it.

But, I think it's more like Drew said. It takes time to get to that level. I think it's just a matter of taking the things that Jameis does well, and slowly working in the other things. When Jameis and Payton get on the same page, it's going to be like Drew in his prime, fun to watch. Till then, it's not so pretty. But, it's a work in progress.

I don't think turnovers is the issue. Sean Payton's offense has worked with everywhere he's been. There are still parts of Payton's offense that Jameis isn't hitting on. The short and intermediate stuff has largely been missing. Kamara has largely been absent in the passing game. There are things Winston needs to get better at before we see the efficiency the Saints had with Drew. Right now, if Jameis doesn't hit on big plays, the Saints lose. They don't currently have the ability to go on long sustained drives like we're use to seeing. Part of that is on the receivers, but not all of it.

But, I think it's more like Drew said. It takes time to get to that level. I think it's just a matter of taking the things that Jameis does well, and slowly working in the other things. When Jameis and Payton get on the same page, it's going to be like Drew in his prime, fun to watch. Till then, it's not so pretty. But, it's a work in progress.
That also reverts back to issue #1...no Mike Thomas, he doesn't have that dependable possession type receiver to work that short-intermediate ball that Drew had while he was here. Once MT comes back that 3rd and 7 should become a little more automatic and we'll be able to sustain drives a little better. Right now he's relying on Lil Jordan (?) to be that guy...huge drop off there and part of the reason why everyone should be PO'd at MT13, he really left us hanging with this one.

Did we congratulate Teddy when he got the starting gig in Carolina last season? The Denver gig may be just as short for him as Carolina was.

Carolina did not have good personnel around him. Neither do the Broncos. When Teddy took over for Brees for 5 games in 2019, he had good players around him, and was only asked not to screw it up. And he did that pretty well.

Teddy is being asked to do more in Denver, and I'm not sure he can.

Did we congratulate Teddy when he got the starting gig in Carolina last season? The Denver gig may be just as short for him as Carolina was.

Carolina did not have good personnel around him. Neither do the Broncos. When Teddy took over for Brees for 5 games in 2019, he had good players around him, and was only asked not to screw it up. And he did that pretty well.

Teddy is being asked to do more in Denver, and I'm not sure he can.
he's just a piece of the offense, definitely not the focal point

can't come from behind, can't have an offense that doesn't run the ball, can't win a shootout

the ceiling is really really low for him

The've literally beat 3 of the worst 4 teams in the NFL. Teddy will be great getting them to 7-10 as usual. Zero upside as a starter.

You have to swing for the fences at QB. There's no point rolling out Bridgewater, Tyrod Taylor, Fitzpatrick's of the world unless you want to be stuck in mediocrity.

The Broncos are 3-0 right now.

I bet in a month they're 3-4.
You nailed it!!! Good job

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom