Congratulations Wil Lutz on the NFL record (1 Viewer)

Not even sure why we tried that 52 yd FG in Chi-Town. I would do it in the Superdome, but not on that trash field unless late in the 4th.

Not even sure why we tried that 52 yd FG in Chi-Town. I would do it in the Superdome, but not on that trash field unless late in the 4th.
I'd like to understand what they've done to his mechanics where he can come up short twice this season on field goals of that length. I get that they aren't easy kicks, but he has one of the strongest legs in football. It makes no sense that the ball isn't getting there. It isn't just Soldier Field.

I'd like to understand what they've done to his mechanics where he can come up short twice this season on field goals of that length. I get that they aren't easy kicks, but he has one of the strongest legs in football. It makes no sense that the ball isn't getting there. It isn't just Soldier Field.
Yeah I'd like someone to ask him that question on what happened on those two kicks. It is a bit of a mystery.

Yeah I'd like someone to ask him that question on what happened on those two kicks. It is a bit of a mystery.

Deuce said on one of the them it was a bad snap or hold, not sure which.

Lutz didn't approach the ball as sharply angled as he normally does. He came into the ball more straight up to keep his plant foot as firmly into the turf as possible. That reduces the torque he can develop with his kicking leg.
If you want to know his reason for doing that, Eli Apple can probably explain it the best.

I don't even believe in an "announcer jinx", but even I was getting sick of seeing that graphic blasted every single time he lined up for a FG lately. So yeah, if there's a silver lining to getting a missed kick out of the way in a game where the points weren't needed, it's that we don't have to hear about that for a while.

It was an impressive streak...and if I had to pick a spot to end the streak, a game where we curb stomp the competition works for me.

Good job Wil Lutz!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom