Congress, out of stuff to do, questions NFL network (1 Viewer)

Pash responded that the NFL Network has indeed increased its fees, but he cited the popularity of the league's product as justification. He said other NFL Network carriers -- including DirecTV, EchoStar, Comcast and Cox -- have not passed along the price increase to their customers.

The article states that COX carries the NFL Network. Yet I just e-mailed them to ask about getting it and they responded that they do not carry it and have no future plans to do so. Huh????

I just canceled Charter, no NFL network, went back to Directv, a cable installer did say that Charter was bringing back NFL Network soon, how soon I don't know.

Wow. The NFL is so big now and makes money no matter what it does with no limits because it's a monopoly. I don't blame Congress asking questions. Heck, if what the NFL is doing is so right, then it shouldn't feel bad for any questioning.

The NFL needs to get over it and count its dollars. Sounds like an oil company whining.

How wonderful! My tax dollars at work.
I'm so glad they all are concerned with the real issues affecting the U.S. today, like the TV entertainment for the masses, and not ancillary issues like healthcare, education, social security, etc.

Next, Congress should tackle the movie industry. Those bastages have a monopoly on movies, and they make you drive all the way to a movie theater and buy stale popcorn and pay $12-$15 just to watch a freaking movie!!!! Those movies should be shown free of charge on TV!!!!!!

Last edited:
Maybe it will be like to oil companies. Get enough congressmen looking down its nose, an dmaybe they will lower the price of the Sunday ticket, which i probably won't be renewing anyway next year.

How wonderful! My tax dollars at work.
I'm so glad they all are concerned with the real issues affecting the U.S. today, like the TV entertainment for the masses, and not ancillary issues like healthcare, education, social security, etc.

Next, Congress should tackle the movie industry. Those bastages have a monopoly on movies, and they make you drive all the way to a movie theater and buy stale popcorn and pay $12-$15 just to watch a freaking movie!!!! Those movies should be shown free of charge on TV!!!!!!

The movie industry is not one company. I don't have a problem with the NFL, I love football. The thought of a monopoly being able to use it's advantage and go into areas that has competition seems unfair, that's all. But, if I get to watch football on tv for free and it lowers cable rates, I'm cool with that.

Congress doesn't deal with one issue at a time. People, companies, whatever go to Congress and makes them address these issues, even the ones you may see as trivial.

As long a they don't make it where I can't watch the Saints every week, I really don't care. Why anyone still has cable amazes me anyway?

The movie industry is not one company. I don't have a problem with the NFL, I love football. The thought of a monopoly being able to use it's advantage and go into areas that has competition seems unfair, that's all. But, if I get to watch football on tv for free and it lowers cable rates, I'm cool with that.

Congress doesn't deal with one issue at a time. People, companies, whatever go to Congress and makes them address these issues, even the ones you may see as trivial.

You make it sound as if the NFL was gasoline or food.
Again, the NFL is entertainment. They have what amounts to a luxury product that everyone wants to watch. So they sell it to the highest bidder and you have to pay a premium to watch it. What's wrong with that?
This crap about the "cable rates" is, well, crap. Carrying a premium channel that people have to pay extra for is not going to lower of raise "cable rates".

Besides, if you follow that train of thought, answer me this:
why do you have to pay a premium for cable itself? Shouldn't it be free like broadcast tv? Why do you have to pay extra to watch the same channels and content coming through a cable that you can watch if you put an antenna on your roof? ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom