Congressional Action is Happening! (2 Viewers)

I for one want to know why the severe punishment for Bounty Gate and yet Patriots got essentially a slap on wrist for several offenses. Why the bias towards a small market team.

The Antitrust exemption keeps them in business. If it’s threatened, the former AFL teams could void the merger, for example.

Sounds like Ms Gayle and the rest of the Saints are behind him.
These are my people ,come out and face us Goddell or BURN IT ALL DOWN

I'm not sure what all this really means, but did stuff just get real?

The NFL gave up it's Anti-trust exemption years ago.

If they did, this very same committee is not for granting or taking away antitrust exemptions. The real purpose is to investigate and punish corporate monopolies. The Department of Justice doing that is the NFL’s ultimate worst case scenario

The NFL gave up it's Anti-trust exemption years ago.
Actually, they didn't. They gave up their tax-exempt status. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/12780874/nfl-league-office-gives-tax-exempt-status

The league's switch from tax-exempt to taxable does not affect its antitrust exemption, created in the Sports Broadcasting Act of 1961. That allows clubs to negotiate radio and TV broadcast rights together.
Sen. Richard Blumenthal, a Connecticut Democrat, said the NFL's move "seems more like a PR stunt than a real gain. The tax-exempt status produces a pittance compared to its congressionally granted antitrust exemption -- enabling billions in broadcast revenue."

This seems really good? The NFL can ignore all of us, ignore the media, and ignore everything else...but they sure as hell can't ignore Congress.

Oh brother. We r turning into the laughing stock of the league ?

You don’t laugh at a congressional subpoena. You get a lawyer and spend thousands even if innocent. A corporation such as the NFL could spend tens of millions. Being hauled before Congress during Super Bowl Week would essentially cost Goodell his job.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom