Congressional Action is Happening! (1 Viewer)

I would like Roger to have to testify in front of congress. And they will ask if the NFL instructs the refs to favor one team vs. the other. (Need to know this due to sports gambling.). Of course, he will lie, because he is just that smug and arrogant. (I picture him telling Congress, “You can’t handle the truth!”)

And then, when it is proven that he lied to Congress, he gets significant jail time. Ideally, the proof of him lying to Congress will come in the form of scribble scratch on a napkin.

I know I am a dreamer, but that would be nice. Still doesn’t give us the Lombardi we deserve this year, but may be the only thing that makes me feel a little better.

Hopefully everyone here is smart enough to realize this is a troll of another team. He just joined two days ago and I dont think after the recent debacle we are exactly gaining fans so it makes no sense being a real fan he/she just now discovered this forum.
doesn't have to be from another team
during bountygate i remember very well at least 2 posters taking a pro-goodell stance - it was a near certainty that they were paid hacks from within the nfl offices

Not a fan of law makers getting involved with this. Last thing you need is politicians throwing their weight around to influence how these games are played.

The best outcome of this is for fans of the sport to collectively vote with their wallet and participation. As soon as the NFL stops offering a product that is as advertised, you walk away. As soon as they re-prioritize their objectives and make changes to deliver a product that people want, then you go back.

Introducing other power players into the equation opens a whole can of worms

I’m quite surprised that ESPN has not even put this story on their site. This is huge news.
First ESPN isn’t going to go against the NFL until public opinion is so far one way they have no choice. Second, it depends on how this Representative approaches it. If he approaches it as a crybaby, no one will care. If he approaches it as the games being thrown, rigged, whatever term you want when you start to look at betting margins, point spreads and such, then I think the NFL gets on dangerous ground, as I think this whole season has been massaged by officiating to call games close and keep the playoff seeding going until the end of the season, and make the playoff games as close as possible.

Not a fan of law makers getting involved with this. Last thing you need is politicians throwing their weight around to influence how these games are played.

The best outcome of this is for fans of the sport to collectively vote with their wallet and participation. As soon as the NFL stops offering a product that is as advertised, you walk away. As soon as they re-prioritize their objectives and make changes to deliver a product that people want, then you go back.

Introducing other power players into the equation opens a whole can of worms

Open those worms. Throw them all over the floor. Then set them on fire.

I hope the hearing/s include calling in the entire officials group, especially the 3 standing there gaping at that PI and questioning them under oath.

The sense that I have is the national outrage is fading.

Unfortunately, the Saints organization and its fan base have to live forever with the memory of what would have happened had the referees simply done their jobs. It's a huge burden to bear and you had no choice in the matter.

In a similar fashion, my fellow Seahawks fans and I have had to bear the burden of that bonehead decision by Darrell Bevel and Pete Carroll to pass the ball from the 1-yard line in the closing minutes of SB 49.

That memory, and yours of the no-call in last week's game will forever be part of us. The only thing we control is how long we allow it to be our master. I truly feel your pain.

And just think...........the refs probably thought they were taking the path of least resistance by NOT throwing the flag.

This may still yet all just go away and normalize......but I suspect now any official with a reasonable view of the play is now fantasizing about an alternate universe where they had just gone ahead and thrown the flag.

Maybe nothing comes about but one thing I want to be real clear; officials coming to ref a Saints game better be on their friggin toes and bring their ‘A’ game. Don’t come in here lazy and sure as hell better not come in here with bad intent!

We’ll be on them faster than Reggie Bush doing a Michael Lewis impression

Roger is small potatoes. He has enough money to deflect until the sun burns out.
These refs are where it's at . It's obvious they don't call every game the same to anyone that watches the NFL. Pull the curtain back and let us know who tells them how and when to make certain calls. You find that out and you will know how they rig games.

Go fund.me ? Let it build . Put enough together and one of theses bums will talk. Make him do it in something official and you will have your revenge

So will there be actual congressional action or is this just something to make headlines? Haven’t heard much more about this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom