Congressional leaders fight against posting bills online (1 Viewer)

If people start paying attention, that is a threat to the status quo. I mean, Congress has upped its own budget for the past 6 years and alsos voted itself very significant pay raises on top of all the perks, at a time when real wages for working and middle class Americans have stagnated.

It's a scam.

They are afraid you will get clued in.

I've been paying attention and watching for a long time, which is why I have the attitude I have.

The current democratic party leadership in control of congress is only interested in pushing their agenda. They don't care about the american people at all. If we have the chance to read their bills before they pass them, they know the population wouldn't accept their radical agenda.

This congress doesn't intend to represent anything other then the platform of the democratic party. Nothing else. If you don't like it, they expect you to sit down and shut up.

The current democratic party leadership in control of congress is only interested in pushing their agenda. They don't care about the american people at all. If we have the chance to read their bills before they pass them, they know the population wouldn't accept their radical agenda.

This congress doesn't intend to represent anything other then the platform of the democratic party. Nothing else. If you don't like it, they expect you to sit down and shut up.
Because it would be so different with a Republican majority...

:smilielol:

Because it would be so different with a Republican majority...

:smilielol:

oh come on what the hell is that supposed to mean? just give up, and lain down and kill ourselves so we can have th United States of Liberalmerica?

the republicans are bad, so that completely justifies evey bad thing the democrats do.

then a couple of years from now we get...well the democrats are bad so that completely justifies the bad things republicans do.

yeh, thats just a wonderfull way to look at government.

here's an idea, vote against encumbents, regardless of party. I know i graduated from a Louisiana high but even their they thought us that elected representatives are supposed to represent the people of their districts first, not their party platform.

But i guess that doesn't matter because a couple of years a ago a republican did something stupid, and before a democrat did someting stupid, a before that republican did something stupid, and before a democrat did something stupid... and on and on and on.

just keep the cycle going right? thats all that really matters right? keep everything defined strictly in partisan terms instead of holding elected leaders accountable to the best interestes of the voters.

oh come on what the hell is that supposed to mean? just give up, and lain down and kill ourselves so we can have th United States of Liberalmerica?

the republicans are bad, so that completely justifies evey bad thing the democrats do.

then a couple of years from now we get...well the democrats are bad so that completely justifies the bad things republicans do.

yeh, thats just a wonderfull way to look at government.

here's an idea, vote against encumbents, regardless of party. I know i graduated from a Louisiana high but even their they thought us that elected representatives are supposed to represent the people of their districts first, not their party platform.

But i guess that doesn't matter because a couple of years a ago a republican did something stupid, and before a democrat did someting stupid, a before that republican did something stupid, and before a democrat did something stupid... and on and on and on.

just keep the cycle going right? thats all that really matters right? keep everything defined strictly in partisan terms instead of holding elected leaders accountable to the best interestes of the voters.
No, the point is not to keep the cycle going.

But you just did it.

You just made it partisan, about the Democrats, which invites the same good cop/bad cop routine that distracts us while they BOTH pick the public's pocket.

It's an institutionalized system of theft based on a contrived left/right eternal battle for public consumption, based on divisive emotional issues, while the lobbyists and politicians are in on the joke.

The cycle is only going to get broken when you tune out the rhetoric, outlaw money into the system and start voting for people based on the soundness of their ideas in conjunction with evaluation of what they actually do, not what they say.

A nice shortcut might be to start voting for ugly and awkward people because the blow-dried, square jawed, confident guys from central casting just keep screwing it up.

Just pass the law where all bills have to be posted for a certain amount of time before they are voted on. That will take the partisanship out of it.

No, the point is not to keep the cycle going.

But you just did it.

You just made it partisan, about the Democrats, which invites the same good cop/bad cop routine that distracts us while they BOTH pick the public's pocket.

It's an institutionalized system of theft based on a contrived left/right eternal battle for public consumption, based on divisive emotional issues, while the lobbyists and politicians are in on the joke.

The cycle is only going to get broken when you tune out the rhetoric, outlaw money into the system and start voting for people based on the soundness of their ideas in conjunction with evaluation of what they actually do, not what they say.

A nice shortcut might be to start voting for ugly and awkward people because the blow-dried, square jawed, confident guys from central casting just keep screwing it up.

Its partisan squarely on the democratic parties shoulders at present because it was their party that campained and won complete control of the government on a platform of making government more transparent and accountable to the people then it ever had been before.

We can talk about the "cycle" all we want, the reality we live in at present is a one party rule pushing its agenda over anyone and everyone that objects and completely back peddleing on its promises it made less than a year ago.

They don't want people involved because people started reading the bills, started objecting and started showing up to town halls mad as hell. Thats why now they can't push their agenda and maintain the transparency that they promised.

Now I agree. The cycle should be broken, and it should start by not voting for the congressional kings and queens that have dominated their positions for multiple terms. I don't really care what party they are, though i wouldn't hold my breath for a democrat to put country infront of party these days.

You break the cycle voting against encumbents regardless of party, and their's nothing partisan about that, and just because Republicans were stupid in the past doesn't mean the outright deception of Democrats in the present should get a free pass.

And if you allow that to happen, then your just perpetuating the cycle.

Just pass the law where all bills have to be posted for a certain amount of time before they are voted on. That will take the partisanship out of it.

the whole point of the OP was that the current party in power is blocking such a law.

the whole point of the OP was that the current party in power is blocking such a law.

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20090928/COLUMN0703/909280324/1049/news

Their resolution has 129 co-sponsors and the discharge petition reportedly has more than 175 signatures. But they are bucking the odds. No matter which party has been in power, that party has resisted changing the rule while the minority party led the charge to change it.
Again, my friend, good cop/bad cop.

Joke is on us.

I know, I was just trying to make Adder see that this wasn't a partisan post.

Last edited:
Well regardless of party - I hope reason and principle will prevail here. This is clearly anti-democratic and just wrong.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom