Congressional leaders fight against posting bills online (1 Viewer)

The current democratic party leadership in control of congress is only interested in pushing their agenda. They don't care about the american people at all. If we have the chance to read their bills before they pass them, they know the population wouldn't accept their radical agenda.

This congress doesn't intend to represent anything other then the platform of the democratic party. Nothing else. If you don't like it, they expect you to sit down and shut up.

I guess you missed the fact that they won.

I guess you missed the fact that they won.

Last i looked at my ballot, i was voting for a person not a party.

Course that probably a navie way to looking at it. We both know that both parties growm candidates, so in effect instated of voting for <insert name here> your really voting for R or D or "other". The party puts somebody in the empty suit.

Get back to the way things should be, the congress should be governed by a collection of representatives, not by poltical party committee. Now that i'm done wondering around in fantasy land, i'll come back to reality now.

Looks like a group of 8 democrats asked Harry Reid again about posting the bills online.

http://stlouis.bizjournals.com/stlouis/stories/2009/10/05/daily37.html

U.S. Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo., joined some of her colleagues Tuesday in pressing for more transparency in the health-care reform debate as legislation moves to the Senate floor.
In a letter to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., McCaskill and seven other senators called for:

Bullet points are in the article.

But it was all for nothing as other democrats not interested in government transparency voted the measure down.

Last edited:
The current democratic party leadership in control of congress is only interested in pushing their agenda. They don't care about the american people at all. If we have the chance to read their bills before they pass them, they know the population wouldn't accept their radical agenda.

This congress doesn't intend to represent anything other then the platform of the democratic party. Nothing else. If you don't like it, they expect you to sit down and shut up.

Which is why healthcare has been passed!

Come on, don't turn this into a partisan issue.

Which is why healthcare has been passed!

Come on, don't turn this into a partisan issue.

But aren't democrats currently the only ones voting to prevent bills from being posted online before they are voted on now?

But aren't democrats currently the only ones voting to prevent bills from being posted online before they are voted on now?

This time, yes the Democrats are the ones trying to abuse the system to give an advantage to the bill they want passed.

Do I agree with it? No. Is this something that ONLY Democrats do while in the majority? No

This is a congressional issue, continuing to be divisive is only going to cause strife amongst ourselves and take away from the real problem.. the people in D.C. and the abuses they are taking on the system.

[quote="FTA]The reluctance to implement a three-day rule is not unique to the Democrats.

The Republican majority rushed through the controversial Patriot Act in the wake of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks as well as a massive Medicare prescription drug bill in 2003 that added hundreds of billions of dollars to the deficit.

For the majority party, legislative timing plays a big role in whether a bill will pass because support can be fleeting.[/quote]

Instead of bickering here... we could go here: http://readthebill.org/ and support this movement to pass the 72 hour minimum of viewing before voting.

It should probably also be said that they aren't fighting against posting the bill online, they are fighting against posting the bill online at least 72 hours before voting.. as most of the bills are posted online (sometimes only 5-10 hours before voting... which still is not enough).

After some searching.. I actually found the measure to change the rules (as mentioned in the article.. it was introduced by a Democrat... in 2007, lol). http://www.opencongress.org/bill/110-hr504/show

Cannot be positive on how accurate the site is, but at the bottom it shows supporting/ opposing Senators/ Representatives -- a good mix on both sides.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom