Connor Barth (1 Viewer)

I previously wasn't giving him the benefit of the doubt but if his decisions start shaping up like this then he'll earn back my trust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superbowl, multiple playoff trips, and the most potent offense in the league over the last decade not enough for you?

Lutz is a keeper. Dude can nail a 60 yarder if needed. When's the last time we can say that we had a kicker who can do dat????

I really hope that we give him a chance (when we go to Denver) to kick a 64 or 65 yarder. Actually, given the strength of their defense, kicking from 63 or 64 yards might be the only chance we have to score. :hihi:

Superbowl, multiple playoff trips, and the most potent offense in the league over the last decade not enough for you?

If people were given a pass based on what they previously accomplished then Garrett Hartley would still be on the team. Players are held accountable all the time, but coaches? Na, lets keep giving them a pass year after year.

Since the 2009 season they have 2 playoff wins, and not counting this year 3 of the past 4 seasons have been 7-9.

I think our young kicker will get better and better as the year rolls on.

I'm thinking the same thing. Hopefully he can continue to make the kicks and build his confidence.

I keep thinking, what if we finally found a Kicker? What if this is the guy? We haven't had to worry about our Punter in years, what if it was the same way with our Kicker? I'm old enough to remember watching Morten trot out onto the field and knowing with near certainty that he was able to drill it. That was a great feeling. Lutz will never be Morten Andersen obviously but maybe now every Field Goal attempt won't be an edge of your seat, steel cage of emotion.

consistently? Mort.
Yes, absolutely.
And once you've had him on your team for so long and how it seemed to be Mr automatic 3 pts., all the rest of your kickers after that point just don't measure up.

Since then we've had Brandon Browner, Zach Hocker, Junior Galette, etc.

I never said I wasn't thankful for the success the Saints HAVE had under Payton, but that does not constitute a blank check.

Further, I insinuated that I'm happy with the decision to cut ties with Barth. What more do you want?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He definitely lost the kicking duel to Adam Vinatieri. I am not sure there is any shame in that.

Lutz is a keeper. Dude can nail a 60 yarder if needed. When's the last time we can say that we had a kicker who can do dat????

Morton hit a 60 yarder in 91, would have been good from 70

I'm thinking the same thing. Hopefully he can continue to make the kicks and build his confidence.

I keep thinking, what if we finally found a Kicker? What if this is the guy? We haven't had to worry about our Punter in years, what if it was the same way with our Kicker? I'm old enough to remember watching Morten trot out onto the field and knowing with near certainty that he was able to drill it. That was a great feeling. Lutz will never be Morten Andersen obviously but maybe now every Field Goal attempt won't be an edge of your seat, steel cage of emotion.

This is a season of learning anyway, why not do it at the PK position as well? Lutz is learning how to live life in the NFL.

But, one thing he doesn't have to learn (good thing too, as it's a hard one to "learn") is how to kick the ball over jumping Dlineman, straight enough to put it on target, AND over the crossbar from 60+.

I know he missed the kick against the Raiders.

But, that kick was in his very first game as a pro. And it was still closer to going in than any other kicker that the Saints have had over the last 10+ years could have gotten.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom