Connor or RIvers (1 Viewer)

Connor or Rivers

• Total voters

c_prej

On the Waiting List
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If Ellis is gone by pick ten (which he will be). Which Lb would you rater. Both have the size and speed you look for. They are coming from good programs and had great coaching. I am leaning towards Connor because of some stats i saw. Yes i know they are stats but they show u something. He has had over 100 tackles his last two years. That means he is a pretty sure tackler. But i was just wondering which one yall would pick. Thanks

Their stats
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/olb.html

I love keith rivers and i would really love drafting him ONLY Sedrick Ellis is off the board Rivers comes from a very talented USC team and can play sideline to sideline.

I love keith rivers and i would really love drafting him ONLY Sedrick Ellis is off the board Rivers comes from a very talented USC team and can play sideline to sideline.

I honestly think Ellis will end up going before #10... I'm even starting to think he may be the 1st DT taken.

Connor-seems a more natural MLB than rivers who seems to be a better fit on the outside at SLB-either would be an upgrade either way

From what I read Connor plays faster than his 4.6. It appears that he might be more of a field general too.

Rivers is probably faster and his fluid hips might allow him to be better in coverage. Plus his long arms help him to shed blockers.

No way to go wrong with either but the player that reads and diagnoses plays the best of the two could be the trump card.

Not that the wonderlick should be a deciding factor, but whoever of the two that seems to be the smartest football player is who I'd like.

If Ellis is gone by pick ten (which he will be). Which Lb would you rater. Both have the size and speed you look for. They are coming from good programs and had great coaching. I am leaning towards Connor because of some stats i saw. Yes i know they are stats but they show u something. He has had over 100 tackles his last two years. That means he is a pretty sure tackler. But i was just wondering which one yall would pick. Thanks

Their stats
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/olb.html

Even more impressive, I think, is the fact that Connor racked up a lot of those tackles while sharing LB duties with a guy named Posluszny. Connor earned EVERY ONE of those tackles and would've had even more if he didn't have to beat Poz to the tackle so often!

Also interesting is that Connor was recruited to Penn State to play MLB, but a guy named Posluszny was already there. While JoePa believes in playing his best available talent, he believes in the seniority system even more...so even though there was speculation that Connor was the better MLB, Poz got the nod and Connor was moved to the outside. Always the consummate team player, Connor watched, learned, did his time, and stepped right into the leadership role that the Penn State MLB position demands, without missing a beat.

As much as I thought we should've taken Poz last year, IMO Connor is a step above him. While I like Rivers too, I think Connor will be the better pro of the two for this reaon...Rivers was a star on a team of under-achieving stars (if you can call 10-2 underachieving) while Connor was a star on a mediocre team playing an entire schedule of Big-10 smashmouth football. He has been battle-tested and forged in fire........

But I'd be ecstatic with either!

I hope that Rivers' talent wasn't propped up by such a good DL at SC. It doesn't look like it so far in Bama. I go for Rivers.

Not that it matters at all... but just for fun and kicks... if we want to keep our "Oreo" corps look alive then it's Connor.

Connor-seems a more natural MLB than rivers who seems to be a better fit on the outside at SLB-either would be an upgrade either way

If I drafted Rives I wouldn't make him move inside. Shanle needs replacing as much as Simoneau. Draft Mayo, Goff, or Lemen in the 2nd/3rd round and let them man the middle with Rivers on the outside.

Not that it matters at all... but just for fun and kicks... if we want to keep our "Oreo" corps look alive then it's Connor.

That's why KK didn't start and Young got hurt?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom