Conrad Offseaoson 1/30/2008 (1 Viewer)

M Williams will not get that much in free agency, but good job on the mock, i dont think Fullein will be there in the 3rd

Based on your reasonings, in your oppinion how bad our defense is.....after it was neglected for the past 7 years at least!?

I know the defense is bad. Everyone knows the defense is bad. But that doesn't mean you totally go bonkers and use nearly every single free agent signing and draft pick on defense. How silly is that? 3 or 4 years down the line, the team would be faced with trying to resign or replace 7 or 8 people on D in one offseason. Then you have problems all over again. Not only that, but if the Saints neglect the offensive side of the ball this season, how far are we really progressing? This league has proven to be one in which the teams that make the fewest changes suffer the worst. Making nearly no changes on offense would be a huge mistake.

The thing to do is to sign high quality players as opposed to more mediocre players. Quality over quantity. We need to break the bank on a couple of big name players.
If we bring people like Drayton Florence and some second tier LB in here we'll be having this same conversation next year.

I know the defense is bad. Everyone knows the defense is bad. But that doesn't mean you totally go bonkers and use nearly every single free agent signing and draft pick on defense. How silly is that? 3 or 4 years down the line, the team would be faced with trying to resign or replace 7 or 8 people on D in one offseason. Then you have problems all over again. Not only that, but if the Saints neglect the offensive side of the ball this season, how far are we really progressing? This league has proven to be one in which the teams that make the fewest changes suffer the worst. Making nearly no changes on offense would be a huge mistake.

The thing to do is to sign high quality players as opposed to more mediocre players. Quality over quantity. We need to break the bank on a couple of big name players.
If we bring people like Drayton Florence and some second tier LB in here we'll be having this same conversation next year.

I agree with you 100%! Mediocre players will bring in more mediocrity, just look at the offense...we have a super star at QB, RB, and now it looks like we have a super star WR in the making, in Colston! So we have playmakers at key positions, and that's the biggest problem on defense....NOT ENOUGH PLAY
MAKERS!

I hope we learned from past mistakes with relying solely on second tier talent!

<st1:city><st1></st1></st1:city><o></o> <st1:city><st1></st1></st1:city><o></o>
<o></o>
*The New Orleans Saints trade 2[42], 4[117] and S Josh Bullocks to the San Diego Chargers for 1[27] and 5[149]. The Chargers only have picks in rounds 1,5,6 and they move down to gather more picks.<o></o>
<o></o><o>
</o>
I don't know if you realize it or not, but this trade doesn't gather any additional picks for San Diego. They give us two, and we give them two. They get Josh Bullocks, but he isn't a pick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom