Consideration at #10 Pick?RB (1 Viewer)

Darren McFadden will be the best RB to come into the NFL in a very long time. He's surely the best Offensive player in this year's draft. With that said,

I think Adrian Peterson fans would argue with that...

McFadden runs like a large version of Reggie Bush. He is fast and shifty, but doesn't seem to break tackles. I think he could have trouble adjusting to the speed of Pro defenses. It will be interesting to watch him develop.

If we go RB, we might as well trade down into the 20's and grab Johnathan Stewart. I believe when all is said and done, he'll be the cream of this years RB crop.

I put it in another thread but again, if McFadden is available @ 10, I'm sure he's our man. Another point is that whoever we pick at 10 is going to get #10 money. If we draft Joe Blow from Terrible State University, his contract is going to be #10 money. So price is not an issue. (Plus, there are guidelines on rookie contracts, IIRC)
Regarding the position, I think that Stecker would stay and P. Thomas would likely be the victim. I really can't put my reasoning into words, but I could see it playing out like this. Deuce would not have to be released, assuming re re-structures.

I'm all for taking McFadden at 10 rather than reaching for any defensive player.

If you mean this, you have no idea what you're looking at when watching a NFL Football game.
you're absolutely right, we'd never have been in the playoffs in '06 w/out reggie

as for taking mcfadden @ 10, if he fell to us and we couldn't get value we'd *have* to take him... too big a drop from his talent to the rest imo

Last edited:
Trade the pick if not still go DEF i dont care for mcfadden and what makes you guys think he will be better than reggie. he cant do half the things reggie brings to our offense.

Darren McFadden will be the best RB to come into the NFL in a very long time.

Wrong. He'd be hard pressed to make the top 3 prospects from the last 2 classes and this one. Reggie ran behind a great offensive line with a RB who got lesser yards per carry in a pro style offense. McFadden ran behind a great offensive line with several RBs who got as many if not more yards per carry in a gimmick offense. Reggie's learning curve is child's play to what McFadden will have to go through, and McFadden isn't as physically talented.

He's surely the best Offensive player in this year's draft.

Wrong. There are several offensive players, including running backs, who are superior to McFadden in running between the tackles in a pro style offense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom