Consideration at #10 Pick?RB (1 Viewer)

deltadawg

All-Pro
Reaction score
Question: If RUN DMC is available at #10 would you draft him? Then trade Bush or DMC for more picks? Who would you go with or what are your thoughts and Why?????

I would hold the pick for ransom, and it goes to the highest bidder!

No way this happens. He is a Raider.

IF he last until 10, someone would more likely trade for the pick rather than trade for the player after the fact. Reggie is untradable from a contract stand point I'm pretty sure.

Wow. This is the first time I've seen this question before...

If happens draft DMC and trade Reggie, he aint as good as people think he is... so i would say BYE BYE REGGIE... Question what has Reggie done for this team to make us win games? HE HASN'T...

If happens draft DMC and trade Reggie, he aint as good as people think he is... so i would say BYE BYE REGGIE... Question what has Reggie done for this team to make us win games? HE HASN'T...

Good Post.. Who Dat! I have been thinking the same thing. All I have seen him good at is a commercial.......Oh and running East and West

I would take all of 5 minutes to listen to offers. Unless someone blows me away with a offer, I select Darren McFadden and watch the deadliest 1-2-3 punch for the next 5/6 years.

If health is not involved, you do not spend 2 top 10 picks on the same position in 2 years, especially at RB seeing as only 1 starts.

Also, wise up if you think we trade Reggie and draft DMC. Reggie, despite his struggles running, and he hasn't even done too badly, is a massive part of our passing game when healthy. McFadden doesn't bring that skillset to our passing game.

In the drafting of McFadden, and subsequent trade of Reggie, and release of Deuce which would likely happen quickly afterwards, you screw the morale of all the players, the fans and everyone. I would compare that, in part to trading all of our draft picks for Ricky Williams. We are giving up too much to rely on one player. There is a huge chance of messing up your team in the long term if you do that.

If health is not involved, you do not spend 2 top 10 picks on the same position in 2 years, especially at RB seeing as only 1 starts.

That is unless you are playing BPA and the most explosive offensive weapon falls to you at #10.

I don't care who you have on your team, if nobody is willing to trade up to get him, and he is the best player avaiable on the board, we will take him. we would be stupid not to.

reggie is more of a scat back anyway, we use him more in the passing game than we do running so we still really have no RB outside of deuce mcallister.

If you mean this, you have no idea what you're looking at when watching a NFL Football game.

That is unless you are playing BPA and the most explosive offensive weapon falls to you at #10.

I don't care who you have on your team, if nobody is willing to trade up to get him, and he is the best player avaiable on the board, we will take him. we would be stupid not to.

reggie is more of a scat back anyway, we use him more in the passing game than we do running so we still really have no RB outside of deuce mcallister.
With our coach if he is there we probably will take him.
I don't mind taking him if no satisfactory trade is possible, but as long as we have filled every single hole we have in free agency, or have just a few depth issues which can be addressed later in the draft.
Sure, Reggie Deuce McFadden is easily the best trio in the league on one team, but if I have the choice between taking McFadden or having Shanle/Simoneau/David/Bullocks starting on day one I am reaching for the need.

When Reggie is high in confidence, is used properly, and has good blocking ahead of him, he is nothing like a scat back. Our pass blocking is great for the most part, but our run blocking leaves much to be desired most of the time.

Also, we have Pierre Thomas and Aaron Stecker, who had the best performances of any Saints running back since the Eagles playoff game last year in their respective starts, so it's highly unfair to say Deuce is our only running back.

When Reggie has a great game, so do we.
Reggie has a great game against Seattle, and the team has a great win.
Reggie has a great game against Jacksonville, Saints play brilliantly and win.
Reggie has a great game against NYG last year, Saints play brilliantly and win.
Reggie has a great game against Dallas last year, Saints play brilliant and win.
I also trust you weren't watching any time Reggie scored a game changing or winning touchdown for us.
Really think we would have beat ATL in the dome if Reggie hadn't scored a TD and subsequent 2 Pt conversion?
Or if he hadn't ran back that punt against Tampa last year?
Think without Reggie against the niners last year, we would have done as well as with him?

Off the top of my head, that's 7 games we won largely thanks to Reggie Bush in the past 2 seasons.He hasn't even played all 16 games in both. I'm sure if I was a real analyst, had a greater knowledge of the game, and broke down Reggie's film I'd find a lot more instances of Saints doing something well thanks to Reggie.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom