Considering ATL free agents feels like... (1 Viewer)

Saint Peter

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
....rummaging through garbage. There are probably some good players to be had, but somehow signing a player who has been forever tainted just by being on their roster, just feels........dirty.

With any other franchise's castoffs, I would somehow feel OK. And ATL has certainly had no problem signing our players.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Come on, any FA is a cast off. They are either cut or not re-signed. Whether they come from the Falcons or not, we have alot of holes to fill.
We will not get those top tier FAs, like some think we can. There will be no Asante Samuels or Lance Briggs signed in the Big Easy. We're too cheap.

I hear you, Big Poppa. I'm not saying we shouldn't sign them. I'd gladly welcome guys like Crumpler or Brooking, for example. It just feels dirty.

If Shanle and Simoneaux were FA's would anyone sign them?

Now, that's garbage.

....rummaging through garbage. There are probably some good players to be had, but somehow signing a player who has been forever tainted just by being on their roster, just feels........dirty.

With any other franchise's castoffs, I would somehow feel OK. And ATL has certainly had no problem signing our players.

I feel that way when it comes to most free agents -especially the ones who get cut by an already bad team (i.e. Miami).

I'd love to beat the Falcons next year with some of those guys on the roster, mainly Crumpler.

PUT CRUMPLER IN THE BLACK & GOLD!!

It does seem odd for me to say that...but, I think he's still got several productive years left in him, and if healthy he's better than anyone we've got at TE right now.

Don't tell that to Bobby Hebert...

I know what you mean though.

...payback. If they are upgrades to whoever we have, then I especially want former Falcon players. They've done it to us for too long, it's time for some revenge.

Nah, it's like rummaging through the "Super Saver" bin at Sam Goody's. For all the ABBA and the Hall and Oates solo work in there, there's still a classic Steely Dan album to be had.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom