Consistent high-grades earn Sarah Thomas a spot on the Super Bowl officiating crew (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This will, of course, mark the first ever woman official on the field for a Super Bowl. Congratulations to Sarah.

Her becoming an NFL official was mostly uncontroversial, though there are always some who can't help themselves. Several years into her tenure, she has become one of the league's high-graded officials.

The NFL announced Tuesday its official eight-person officiating crew for Super Bowl LV. In doing so, it marked a historical achievement for Sarah Thomas. Six years after becoming the first full-time female official in league history, she is set to become the first woman to officiate a Super Bowl, teaming up with 21-year veteran Carl Cheffers on this year's championship crew.

"Her elite performance and commitment to excellence has earned her the right to officiate the Super Bowl," said Troy Vincent, the NFL's executive vice president of football operations. "Congratulations to Sarah on this well-deserved honor."

I wonder how all the refs that actually cheat and know it, feel? I guess being paid off is better to those cheaters than personal achievement and the ultimate reward, to ref in the SuperBowl. It's a shame.

I was speechless they let her ref the Saints/bucs game. She's openly said she's a Saints fan and in her training days was assigned to work the Saints training camps.

Awesome to see her doing well!

Good for her. As others have said, she just does her job really well. Whether male or female, we need more officials with her level of competency. Happy she's getting to participate as a SB official. Best of luck to her! You go girl!

I remember one of her earlier games, it was a Packers game.
She got caught up in a play and kinda got flung into the sidelines.
I didn't think she would last a season. Now, years later, she's in the Superbowl 👍
She's a great example of what hard work and determination can accomplish.

I was speechless they let her ref the Saints/bucs game. She's openly said she's a Saints fan and in her training days was assigned to work the Saints training camps.

Awesome to see her doing well!
Yeah, I kind of feel like she's "our" ref because of her being at the Saints training camps. But I've never felt we received one-sided favorable treatment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom