conspiracy theory game length (1 Viewer)

did anyone notice the entire game from start to finish was roughly 2.5 hrs long? considering when we were done the Bucs vs KC game was just starting the 4th quarter. I have a buddy who swear that when a game in boring, the NFL will run the clock and rarely pauses. But prime game they will follow the clock to the rules and that's why most games are 3.5hrs to 4 hrs long. One of my buddy said it is because both sides ran the ball but there were a lot of incomplete passes lol :) I don't think i have ever watched a game that was that short .....
Nah. They cut to the other games because they wanted as few people as possible to see Winston makes those awesome handoffs to ice the game.

did anyone notice the entire game from start to finish was roughly 2.5 hrs long? considering when we were done the Bucs vs KC game was just starting the 4th quarter. I have a buddy who swear that when a game in boring, the NFL will run the clock and rarely pauses. But prime game they will follow the clock to the rules and that's why most games are 3.5hrs to 4 hrs long. One of my buddy said it is because both sides ran the ball but there were a lot of incomplete passes lol :) I don't think i have ever watched a game that was that short .....
We can't all have intelligent buddies.

Oh, and hint: There is a delete button on your thread that can save you further embarrassment.

Bucs and KC also started 20 minutes later than our game. They were the afternoon late game.

When almost all the plays are runs, the clock doesn't stop like it does for incomplete passes. Also, fewer chunk plays without much passing, so it takes longer for the offense to matriculate itself down the field, eating more clock.
Is that you, Hank Stram?

Maybe a conspiracy theory but as someone pointed out there was a commercial break after every punt. And there were a lot of punts. Without those the game would have been over by 5. lol

You sir are a liar.....started at 4:25
lucille-portable.gif

Last edited:
When almost all the plays are runs, the clock doesn't stop like it does for incomplete passes. Also, fewer chunk plays without much passing, so it takes longer for the offense to matriculate itself down the field, eating more clock.
Please look up matriculate. You cannot matriculate a football down a field. Hank Stram was a good coach but had NO GRASP of the English language. He started it and no one questioned it. Rant over. Sorry. It’s the teacher in me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom