Consumer Reports out with top Makes/Models for 2008: One US nameplate makes the list (1 Viewer)

Pure Energy

Rethink Everything
Reaction score
Of the 10 vehicle categories, Japanese and Korean models took 9 of the 10 categories.

Green car - Toyota Prius
Small sedan - Hyundai Elantra SE
Family sedan - Honda Accord
Upscale sedan - Infiniti G35
Luxury sedan - Lexus LS 460L

Fun to drive - Mazda MX-5 Miata
Small SUV - Toyota RAV4
Midsized SUV - Hyundai Santa Fe
Minivan - Toyota Sienna
Pickup truck - Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab

Article goes on to say American name plates are getting better but they haven't caught up with the Japanese.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...or-2007-4-07/overview/0704_top-picks-2007.htm

Looks like more of the same. American car companies gave up on the sedan in the 90s and they're paying for it today.

the ellantra, and think maybe the santa fe as well is made in Alabama.
personally, i preferred driving the impalla over the accord. as far as driving , i miss the olds trofeo. That car had it all.

the ellantra, and think maybe the santa fe as well is made in Alabama.
personally, i preferred driving the impalla over the accord. as far as driving , i miss the olds trofeo. That car had it all.

I see the Santa Fe is assembled in Ala. I didn't see the elantra, but the Sonata is manufactured there. The Sonata is a very good car but it has to compete with the Camry and Accord--the flagship models of Toyota and Honda.

I believe we shouldn't lose sight that American workers can turn out quality products.
american-flag-2a.jpg

I believe we shouldn't lose sight that American workers can turn out quality products.
american-flag-2a.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Absolutely,,,,,My Tacoma was assembled in Fremont, California and my wifes Solara was assembled in Kentucky.

Both are excellent vehicles. My wife already has 126,000 miles on her 2005. It is smooth as silk and quiet as a church mouse. My Taco is tight and solid as a rock.

Joe

My girlfriend just bought a new car, and we put tons of resarch in. And we didn't even bother looking at domestic cars. They are just not good.

She bought an 07 Hyundai Sonata, and we both love it. The Hyundai has great reliability and great gas mileage. The domestics couldn't really touch it.

To me it seems like with domestic sedans, that they put more into how the car looks and drives then how well it holds up and quality. just MHO.

My Taco is tight and solid as a rock.

Joe

Outstanding, Joe! :9:

Up until a few weeks ago, we had 3 vehicles that were all built in the good ole' USofA. But with our new schedules, etc., since our move, two of those became expendable. We got rid of one a few weeks ago, for a non-US made one. The other one we'll get rid of in a few weeks and replace it with one made in the US - so we'll still have 2 of 3 built in the USA. However, only 1 of those was actually a US brand. And it's the one we already got rid of. But it was a great vehicle - for its purpose. Its purpose just didn't suit us any longer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom