Continuing Pash/Gruden/WFT fallout (1 Viewer)

they won't arise on him. He is a snake but he is a smart snake. He is not likely to have ever been dumb enough to show any "knowledge" of any wrong doings in writing.
No, but if he (Goodell) is called to testify at some point and is caught lying under oath, that could be leveraged against him to give up owners.
Threats of charges of perjury/obstruction unless he rolls on others.

No, but if he (Goodell) is called to testify at some point and is caught lying under oath, that could be leveraged against him to give up owners.
Threats of charges of perjury/obstruction unless he rolls on others.
Yea possibly. But the whole point of keeping squeaky clean emails and written material is so that you can lie under oath with confidence. Given how big he is on his thousands of pages of evidence, I’d wager he is smart enough to keep written records just that squeaky clean.

If enough of the favoritism stuff ever got released, do you think the owners in the smaller market would have any legal recourse against the league?

nope because they would be cutting off their own noses to spite their faces.

At the end of the day it always has and always will be about....money. There isnt enough money to be had to make them walk away from the NFL over getting shafted. In the end, THEY are still profit machines.

I would love to see something real come of this. Like, the Saints take the NFL to court over a lost draft pick and be awarded another 1st. Or Payton successfully getting a season of pay back and an elimination of his 'lost year' in the NFL record-keeping. Or a Lombardi.

I just want it to get ugly for the people in power who have put this filth into acceptable motion.

If enough of the favoritism stuff ever got released, do you think the owners in the smaller market would have any legal recourse against the league?
I would think the small market teams would have a collusion case.

nope because they would be cutting off their own noses to spite their faces.

At the end of the day it always has and always will be about....money. There isnt enough money to be had to make them walk away from the NFL over getting shafted. In the end, THEY are still profit machines.
Well I’d agree it wouldn’t likely go to court but if there is the option to do it, then perhaps their is leverage to get the big boys back to the table for more transparency and equality of competition discussions

I would love to see something real come of this. Like, the Saints take the NFL to court over a lost draft pick and be awarded another 1st. Or Payton successfully getting a season of pay back and an elimination of his 'lost year' in the NFL record-keeping. Or a Lombardi.

I just want it to get ugly for the people in power who have put this filth into acceptable motion.
I want something to finally stick to Goodell that costs him his job in shame. I almost don't care what it is at this point. Between Bountygate and the Rams game he has made a joke of this league.

I want something to finally stick to Goodell that costs him his job in shame. I almost don't care what it is at this point. Between Bountygate and the Rams game he has made a joke of this league.
I think the question is, were his actions the result of a group of owners directing him where his replacement would just do the same thing?

It will be interesting to see how the media covers this. The major sports media will probably tread lightly. The problem for the NFL is that the story has transcended the sports world. Everyone is going to be digging now because it's obvious that Gruden was just the tip of the iceberg.

These are the types of stories that can make careers. If a journalist blows the lid off of a system full of racism, sexism, bigotry, homophobia, etc., we're talking Pulitzer Prize territory. It's hard to believe that whoever leaked the Gruden emails didn't see the bigger picture. Or maybe they didn't care about the bigger picture. Maybe they think the NFL is too big to fail and nobody can cancel The Shield.
Good points. I wouldn't expect much from ESPN and the like, as they have so much to lose for getting on the league's bad side.

I think the question is, were his actions the result of a group of owners directing him where his replacement would just do the same thing?
In some ways I don't care.

Believe me I'd like a portion of the owners (Kraft, Snyder, Jones, etc.) to have their comeuppance too. Maybe the new owners and the new commish will behave then.

In some ways I don't care.

Believe me I'd like a portion of the owners (Kraft, Snyder, Jones, etc.) to have their comeuppance too.
I guess I am equating it to asking if Goodell was just the hitman, and if he had not been in the picture, they would have just had a different hitman, the villains are still out there. Sure one hitman was taken down, but there is no shortage of them.

Why post these paywall links? it would be better to paste selected portions of the text.

just a suggestion.
@boutte, most of the paysites allow 5 free articles before blocking. If you go to your browser history and clear your cookies, you should be able to access the article.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom