Continuing Pash/Gruden/WFT fallout (1 Viewer)

Reminds me of the Giants targeting the recently concussed 49er return man, Kyle Williams, in the playoffs. They even bragged about it to the media. This was the same year as the bounty gate farce. The response from the league was "but this was different" or something lame to that effect.
The NFL can’t get away with this stuff without media supporting the narrative… just like the politicians…

The NFL can’t get away with this stuff without media supporting the narrative… just like the politicians…
Too much money wrapped up in the access to the the NFL. If a network or news agency were to go after the NFL and dig, that news agency would be blackballed and lose their access and their viewers or readers would go to other sources for news.

The networks are all billion dollar partners of the league as well, so they will push any narrative to keep that cash cow milking.

That’s why “corporate Journalism” is so dangerous. The truth takes a back seat to profit.

The eye-catching thing to me is the first sentence "The NFL has found..."

We all know how sloppy/incompetent/selective (choose whichever adjective you feel applies) the NFLs investigative arm is. Alternatively, perhaps the NFL hired an outside firm to investigate, creating a conflict of interest where the entity being investigated is the entity writing the checks for the investigation.

Considering all the times they've been caught in selective presentation, outright fabrication, and/or outright lies, why does anyone give a sheet what the NFL says. And now I'm supposed to believe the NFL investigated itself and has determined that Jon Gruden, and ONLY Jon Gruden, has crossed the lines of decency? I don't know how many e-mails were considered (I'm lead to belive it's a LOT), but what are the beyond-astronomical statistical odds of THAT?! Or maybe it's because ONLY Jon Gruden said things that offend the Roger?

Yes, I'm satisfied that investigation was credible. /sarcasm off/

Last edited:

We all know how sloppy/incompetent/selective (choose whichever adjective you feel applies) the NFLs investigative arm is. Alternatively, perhaps the NFL hired an outside firm to investigate, creating a conflict of interest where the entity being investigated is the entity writing the checks for the investigation.

Considering all the times they've been caught in selective presentation, outright fabrication, and/or outright lies, why does anyone give a sheet what the NFL says. And now I'm supposed to believe the NFL investigated itself and has determined that Jon Gruden, and ONLY Jon Gruden, has crossed the lines of decency? I don't know how many e-mails were considered (I'm lead to belive it's a LOT), but what are the beyond-astronomical statistical odds of THAT?! Or maybe it's because ONLY Jon Gruden said things that offend the Roger?

This a classic case of the entity investigating itself “has found nothing”. Classic whitewash technique.

Impossible to take at face value without seeing evidence.

Zero reason to trust.

Considering all the times they've been caught in selective presentation, outright fabrication, and/or outright lies, why does anyone give a sheet what the NFL says. And now I'm supposed to believe the NFL investigated itself and has determined that Jon Gruden, and ONLY Jon Gruden, has crossed the lines of decency? I don't know how many e-mails were considered (I'm lead to belivey it's a LOT), but what are the beyond-astronomical statistical odds of THAT?! Or maybe it's because ONLY Jon Gruden said things that offend the Roger?

Actually, all of those adjectives apply. No organization can objectively investigate itself. That's a good reason to have three branches of government. But the NFL acts like a dictatorhip or at best an oligarchy. And we know that power tends to corrupt. Saints fans know this all too well.

Sooooooo……Gruden was emailing himself???? Oh the NFL is just the best at investigations. Give these fools a medal!!!! And not one other person made any kind of shameful rhetoric? Fascinating
Apparently, no one but Gruden disparaged the Roger. On a related side note, is "Roger" the male equivalent of a "Karen"? just curious...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom