Continuing Pash/Gruden/WFT fallout (1 Viewer)

I don't think so. Iirc, that had been planned for several months. Coincidence imo.
It may have been planned for months, but the sudden announcement is suspicious.
You saw it just now with the Saints. Sam Mills was announced to be inducted into the Ring of Honor in December, but was announced just now in October. And in Denver when they honored Shannahan his announcement was also made a few months in advance.
Sean Taylor only had a few days.

He got a ten million dollar fine and his wife is officially in charge of the team.
For what happened, it’s not much, but I do believe he is that vindictive.
Wasn't it him and Cowboys that got punished for going over the salary cap during the lockout year when there was no salary cap?

Methinks he's got plenty of reasons to hate Park Ave.

It may have been planned for months, but the sudden announcement is suspicious.
You saw it just now with the Saints. Sam Mills was announced to be inducted into the Ring of Honor in December, but was announced just now in October. And in Denver when they honored Shannahan his announcement was also made a few months in advance.
Sean Taylor only had a few days.

I can’t stand Snyder, maybe the worst owner in NFL history….and I believe he is guilty/culpable of far worse than has come out…..that said….WFT has honored Sean Taylor over the years in many different ways, the local fans and media loved him, I wouldn’t conflate the two….basically what Dave said but more long winded….

I can’t stand Snyder, maybe the worst owner in NFL history….and I believe he is guilty/culpable of far worse than has come out…..that said….WFT has honored Sean Taylor over the years in many different ways, the local fans and media loved him, I wouldn’t conflate the two….basically what Dave said but more long winded….
Indeed. And the announcement might have seemed sudden to some people, but this was hardly unusual. It's clearly unrelated in the big picture.

That said, the sooner Snyder is out of there, the better for the WFT organization.

It will be interesting to see how the media covers this. The major sports media will probably tread lightly. The problem for the NFL is that the story has transcended the sports world. Everyone is going to be digging now because it's obvious that Gruden was just the tip of the iceberg.

These are the types of stories that can make careers. If a journalist blows the lid off of a system full of racism, sexism, bigotry, homophobia, etc., we're talking Pulitzer Prize territory. It's hard to believe that whoever leaked the Gruden emails didn't see the bigger picture. Or maybe they didn't care about the bigger picture. Maybe they think the NFL is too big to fail and nobody can cancel The Shield.
Imagine if some sort of forensic scrubbing of these emails reveals not implied but DEFINITE:

Outright fixing of games through biased officiating or focusing on penalties that directly impact one team more than the other.
Racist anti-hiring "mandates".
Illegal prostitution rings.
Gambling fixes a la point shaving.
Definitive collusion of the black balling of Colin Kaepernick, not for business practices but out of sheer racism.
Bypassing concussion protocols for certain A list players.
Absolute knowledge of the link of concussions, CTE, and suicide but dismissing it for money.
Knowledge that Bountygate was a PR Stunt witch-hunt.

Can you imagine if any or all of these came to light? Man.

Imagine if some sort of forensic scrubbing of these emails reveals not implied but DEFINITE:

Outright fixing of games through biased officiating or focusing on penalties that directly impact one team more than the other.
Definitive collusion of the black balling of Colin Kaepernick, not for business practices but out of sheer racism.
Absolute knowledge of the link of concussions, CTE, and suicide but dismissing it for money.

If only ONE of those came to light it would be like setting off a bomb.

If and I mean IF something like that was going on, it would’ve come out by now and I say this because of a situation like this.
Dumb people talk. Dumb people can’t keep their mouths shut.

Anytime you have an investigation that has no written report it's obvious what you want to happen. I had no idea how close Synder was to Goodell.

And thus became the era of the USFL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom